soulmate | 7

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

What happened last night sort of bummed you out to the extent that you didn't go to school today as well. You were feeling a lot better but you felt emotionally ill, staying in bed crying and kind of guilt-tripping yourself over your own stupidity. You rolled over on the bed and grabbed your phone on the bedside table, rereading the hero's text spams from last night up to this morning.

yesterday 10:00 pm

Honeydew Hero: sorry about what happened in the afternoon, goodnight.

Honeydew Hero: I was serious about liking you a lot though...

Honeydew Hero: get well soon, (your name).

today 7:30 am

Honeydew Hero: good morning :) how are you?

today 9:45 am

Honeydew Hero: are you still upset at me?

today 11:38 am

Honeydew Hero: please respond :( i'm worried

Honeydew Hero: eat your lunch, okay?

Shoto watched his phone over and over again for a response from you but until the end of the afternoon classes, you still haven't messaged. He wondered if he did something wrong or he said something you didn't like. Or maybe it was because of his stupid decision to leave you hanging like that last night. Shoto ran his hand through his face, his fingers trapping the bridge of his nose as he bit his lower lip, trying so hard not to scare anyone that was present at the common room.

"Shoto, I'm sorry..." Kyoka went near him and bowed her head. The male hummed in response with his eyebrows raised in shock. "W-why?" Shoto scooted a bit far from her, enough to see her trembling lips and teary eyes. "I shouldn't have entered the room when that happened..." Kyoka looked down, her tears falling on the couch. "... you could have had the chance to finally introduce yourself!"

"...And I blew it."

Shoto let out a sigh, smiling gently at Kyoka, placing a hand on her head and patting her. "Just make sure she's alright for me... she hasn't been responding to any of my messages..." Shoto's shoulder slumped, his irises focused on the floor, his smile slowly turning into a frown as Kyoka quickly fumbled through her phone, trying to find something. "About that..." Kyoka gulped, showing the screen to her phone. Shoto squinted his eyes to adjust to the phone's brightness before seeing the last message you sent Kyoka.