soulmate | 3

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

You called your best friend that evening about the guy you saw yesterday and earlier at the shop. Truth be told, Kyoka was a bit curious about how this guy looked and why you were so attracted to him than your own upcoming soulmate. "What does this guy even look like, (your name)?" Kyoka pouted as she placed her phone on her study table, putting the call on loudspeaker. "Well, I don't know... you'd probably think it's crazy," you sighed.

Kyoka pleaded and finally, you gave in. You began describing his hair, his eyes, his voice, and his physique. Though he was a little bit taller than you, the difference wasn't fairly noticeable and you could easily just stare into his eyes whenever you want to. Kyoka bit her lower lip realizing who the hell you were talking about.

It was no other than the Shoto Todoroki.

Kyoka stayed silent for a while as she tried to process whatever you were saying after that. It didn't matter to her anymore as she placed a hand over her mouth, still in fucking shock. "There was something about him though..." you whisper to your best friend, who tilted her head even though you could not see it. "What would that be?" Jiro's voice cracked. She didn't want to tell you she knew the guy and it might even ruin everything for you.

"My timer went down and up again when he left..." you stated but sighed as you continued. "...however, a guy was also leaving the boba shop when he said that he didn't need the name on the cup anymore..."

You sighed as you tried to think maybe it was the other guy who was your soulmate.

"That is strange, (your name)," Kyoka laughed awkwardly but it seems like you did not notice the slight change in her tone. Kyoka needed to talk to Shoto right now. "Do you think he's your soulmate though?"

"Probably not," you say confidently, a smirk on your face was present and although it hurt, you had to roll with it. "It was probably just... a coincidence. It'd be nice to have him as a soulmate though but... I shouldn't get my hopes up."

"But oh, you really should" This was what Kyoka wanted to say to you but couldn't.

That evening, Kyoka Jiro was unable to get some proper sleep.

In the morning, Shoto was eating breakfast with Deku, Ochako, and Tenya. The three stared at Shoto who was stuffing food into his mouth like he hadn't eaten for days. They looked at one another before Deku decided to speak up. "To-Todo? You're being..." Shoto shot Deku a confused gaze as Deku froze on the spot. "W-well, y-you usually d-don't eat l-like that," Deku continued as he covered himself with his own bowl. Shoto hummed a response before eating slowly again.

Kyoka, who was standing with Kaminari, stared at the male who might possibly be her best friend's soulmate. "What's the deal with Shoto lately?" Kyoka suddenly questioned as Kaminari looked up at her, the two leaning against a wall. "W-well, you were at your room the past two nights and he's been really frustrated."

"Frustrated?" Kyoka eyed Kaminari strictly. "How so?"

"Yeah, he said he lost his timer when we were fighting baddies days ago but he doesn't remember the name of his soulmate," Kaminari gave a small shrug. "Sad, really." Kyoka's eyes tried not to flinch as she remembered what you told her last night.

You had introduced yourself to him when he saved you.

Before anyone knew it, Kyoka had gone near Shoto and dragged him out of his seat and into a quiet area of the common room, shocking almost everyone who saw the female grab him. This too had shocked the heterochromatic male but he followed anyway. "Why have you dragged me here, Jiro?" the unamused face of Shoto was enough to send shivers down her spine while she gulped. "I... heard you lost your timer?" Kyoka shrunk while Shoto tilted his head. "What's it to you?"

"I think I may know who you're looking for...?"

The sentence caught Shoto's attention as his unamused face softened and turned into a curious expression. "You do?" Kyoka nodded and explained about how you told her what happened the past few days and how you introduced yourself to Shoto. "There's no need for you to worry about her liking you because that must be pretty evident..." Kyoka inhaled through her teeth and exhaled as her face turned into a more concerning look. "However... you might want to prove to her that you are her soulmate..."

"Why? Her timer would disappear when I say my name, right?"

"The thing is, she thinks you're not her soulmate. As much as you try to tell her who you are or what you know, she's going to end up finding some silly excuse..." Kyoka pursed her lips before looking Shoto straight in the eye. "Trust me when I say she's not one to believe in such things."

Shoto grimaced. He was just as confused as he was the first time and he wanted to let out his frustration by screaming but he kept his composure. "Jiro, I need to know more," he said while holding his hand out to her. Kyoka took his hand and shook it. "I'll try my best to help but she's not what you think she is."

"Huh?"

"Shoto, your soulmate has been my friend since diapers," Kyoka chuckled as she shook her head. "You have 7 days or shorter left to impress her and make her think that you and her meeting a lot is not just mere coincidence or chance encounters!" Kyoka bit her lower lip as she thought of an idea how to set the two of you up. The male in front of her did the same thing, placing both his hands on the side of his body.

"How about..." Shoto looked at Kyoka who had her chin trapped between her forefinger and thumb, her short hair moving along her shaking head. "How about we try to see where she'll be tomorrow and we can work on making your connection from there," Shoto gave a small nod and a slight smile. "Jiro, there is one thing I need for you to do..." The female tilted her head and ushered him to tell her the favor.

"Tell me everything I need to do to impress her."

"I can't ruin the genuineness of knowing all about your soulmate, Shoto," Kyoka's gaze softened as the male frowned and she gave a sigh as she smiled. "Just try harder, Shoto..."

She already likes you like that

Just get to know her better

The whole day, Shoto could not get those lines of his thoughts as he twirled a pencil between his fingers, looking at his homework for the umpteenth time now. He smiled as he tapped his foot on the floor below the table. The male reclined on the backrest of his chair and stared at the ceiling, admiring how it was made. Slowly, he looked down and exclaimed.

"Just you wait, (your name). Your soulmate is coming for you."