six → the wonderstudies

'@reaganellis just posted a story'
swipe to view

EJ rolled his eyes, closing out of his Instagram app

EJ rolled his eyes, closing out of his Instagram app. "They're ruining this." he looked over at Nini who was next to him in the passenger seat of his car.

"Who's ruining what?" Nini looked up from her phone.

The two were waiting for Ashlyn, to head home after rehearsals.

"Ricky and the new girl," he grumbled, not even bothering to say her name.

Nini rolled her eyes at the immaturity of her boyfriend, "Her name is Reagan, EJ. And neither of them have done anything wrong ok?"

"They stole our show," he dramatically exclaimed. "Didn't you want the lead?"

Nini sighed, locking her phone, knowing this was going to be a long conversation. "Yes but-"

But EJ didn't let her finish. That was all he needed to hear. "Don't worry I'll deal with this."

The brunettes eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean deal with this?"

"Find a way to get them both to quit," he shrugged like it was the easiest thing on earth.

Nini laughed, convinced EJ was joking. He'd never do that. "Ricky would quit if Reagan did, but Reagan's not going to. So don't even bother. It's fine E."

EJ knew how Nini was. She would never outright state that she wanted in on this plan to get Reagan and Ricky to quit. She was too good for that. But deep down he knew that she really wanted to play the part of Gabriella. So instead of continuing to share his ideas with her, he decided to leave her blissfully in the dark to his plan. "Yeah you're right," he smiled at her, "we'll just be the best Kelsi and Chad East High has ever seen."

Nini smiled, pulling EJ in for a quick kiss.

Shortly after, Ashlyn got in the car and EJ proceeded to drive Nini home. As he waved goodbye to Nini, EJ snapped his head around to face his cousin. "I need your help."

"With what?" the girl peeked her head in-between the seats.

"I need you to steal Reagan's phone for me."

"What!? Are you serious?" she asked, shocked that EJ would even consider asking her to do that.

"Yes, I'm serious. I need to get Nini the part of Gabriella. And in order to do that I need Reagan to quit. And in order to get her to do that, I need some dirt on her." he shrugged, like this was the most sane and simple plan.

"EJ you don't need to do this," Ashlyn pleaded.

"I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing it for Nini."

Ashlyn sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to get through to her cousin.

"Please, Ash." he said, flashing her the best puppy dog eyes he could.