16| The Sister She Never Had

Mackenzie plunked her into the chair in front of her black vanity.

"Alright, Si, if you want to be confident you gotta look confident." She declared. "They say the outfit helps your mood."

  Siena hesitated before shaking her head. "Okay." She said confidently. She turned her blue gaze to her friend. "Let's do this."

  Mackenzie smiled. "I knew you would say that."

  She spun Siena around and ran to her closet. Siena blinked, trying to regain focus and gasped when Mackenzie pulled out a flash of red.

  It was the red pantsuit from the store.

  "You bought it?" Siena breathed, standing up and gently fingering the fabric.

Mackenzie smiled. It wasn't a smirk or a sly grin. It was a genuine smile. "Yeah, I thought that just maybe you would change your mind."

Siena felt herself tear up. "Aw! Kenzie!" She sniffled, wrapping her arms around her friend.

"Ugh! You're so dramatic! What is this? A soul opera?" But never the less she took the hug. "Now come on, I need lots of sleep to fairy godmother you up."

****

The next day the mostly spent lounging together in Mackenzie's bed since it was the weekend. Siena enjoyed watching movies on Mackenzie's laptop like the sister she never had. Giggling at the comedy parts and fangirling together.

   But just before the showcase Mackenzie sat her down and took out her makeup. "Nothing to crazy." Siena said seriously. Mackenzie rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, I've been preparing for this moment for months." She exclaimed, handing her the package of contact lenses Siena had left that dreaded day.

  Siena took a deep breath. After washing her hands she opened up her eye, placing the contact on her fingertip. Shakily she pressed it to her eyeball. She heard a small almost popping sound and she cried out with joy when it went in. Doing the same on the other side she gasped with relief when she looked around and saw everything crystal clear.

"I did it!" She shrieked.

Mackenzie gave her a high five. "And you look so cool without glasses."

Siena looked in the mirror. Without the frames she allowed her blue eyes to really shine.

  "Wow." She breathed, brushing some hair from her face. "I look..."

  "Amazing." Mackenzie assured her, gripping her shoulders and placing her chin beside her friends head.

  "Now sit down again, I know I'm amazing but I can't work miracles in five minutes."

  Siena was always a patient child so she sat without fidgeting as Mackenzie brushed some makeup over her face. Though Mackenzie had a large abundance of neon coloured makeup she also had nice pastel colours that she highlighted on Siena. Using the light pink to bring out her fair complexion.

  After they were finished Mackenzie also brushed some mascara on her eyelashes to bring out "those dazzling orbs, girl!"

  Siena changed into the pantsuit adding a nice brown belt from Mackenzie's collection. She had to keep trying  not to make any awkward movements like fiddling with the fabric or wringing her hands, a natural move she always Amedeo when dressing fancy.

Stop. Siena told herself. You're confident now.

  Mackenzie then took her wavy hair and tied it up into a high ponytail , letting small tresses fall behind Siena's ears. Siena kept the small necklace she always wore, a purple music note from her dad. Mackenzie gave her some small gold heels and two golden bangles to wear as well.

  Siena looked into the mirror and almost didn't recognize herself. She looked cool, beautiful, and like she could take on the world.

  She felt herself start to cry again but Mackenzie stopped her. "No more tears," she told her firmly. "You're strong...and you'll mess up my artwork"

  Siena chocked out a laugh and hugged her friend again. "Thank you." She whispered.

Mackenzie patted her back. "No prob, you know I'd do anything for you sister."

"Me too." Siena replied.

"Except jump off a bridge."

"Me too." Siena agreed with a laugh.

"That's just stupid."

A/N****
Little shorter than usual, sorry!