d

b l u e

"Pressure on my lips, I'd die for just one kiss...Wake, I can't resist, could I be dreaming this?"

warning: trigger warning, sensitive/suggestive theme ahead! If you're not comfortable, please do not read!! I don't want to trigger anyone.

also note: it switches to third pov somewhere in the middle.

______________________________

Prom eventually came. Things were still the same between us and it was only a matter of time before it got worse. I made up my mind to put things behind me, hoping for a fresh start.

I grabbed the bag with my suit inside. I took it out admiring the metallic red of the material. Jaehyun said it complimented the paleness of my skin. Jaehyun....it hasn't even started yet and I'm thinking of him. Would I be able to manage seeing his face?

I sighed and laid the suit on my bed and got my steamer to straighten out the wrinkles in the fabric. I gazed longingly at my bed, drifting off into my thoughts. This was where it all started, I thought.

The overheated fabric stung my hand, drawing me back to the present. Once I had finished ironing out the kinks, I set off to my bathroom to get dressed.

School was officially out today as the entire day was for the event. I sat my last exam yesterday and I felt extremely relieved when it had finally been over.

I looked into my mirror styling my hair and taking my time to perfect my appearance. The bags under my eyes weren't too noticeable with the light makeup I used to conceal it.

Now that I'm ready, I went on my way to the school building. Upon arriving, the decorations were laced throughout the hallway. The cheap shimmery, silver, garlands stuck to the wall led my path to the main auditorium.

The faint sound of tacky party music danced its way outside through the hefty double doors. I pushed my way through to see similar decor overwhelmingly scattered across the room. This was definitely not my style.

Eventually I made my way to my friends. They were all seated except for one, the person I dreaded most to see in this very moment. "Hey Tae, you made it." Ten said and I smiled weakly at him.

Minutes later Jaehyun waltzed in wearing his navy blue tux that he had tried on at the store. It was a deathly sight to bear witness.

He plopped down into the seat next to me, undoing the first button of his blazer. "Hey," he greeted and I greeted back nonchalantly. Keep it together. I can get through this.

It didn't take long until Chungha arrived and made her way over to our table. She placed a hand on Jaehyuns shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze before greeting the rest of us. He looked up to her, eyes smiling with admiration. I could feel my stomach wrenching as I continued to look.

"Wanna dance, Jae?" She asked him and all I could do was watch as he got up and they moved towards the dancefloor. I watched as he placed an arm around her waist, she placed her hand on his shoulder.

Chungha suddenly smiled at him and they were talking to each other. He then looked at her confused and she leaned closer whispering into his ear. At that moment I wanted to leave.

I thought that I could handle it. I thought I could manage seeing him with other people but, it turned out that I'm not as strong as I thought. I stood up and stormed out through the doors, not bothering to look back when my friends called for me.