Love

I rubbed my eyes, trying to keep them from drooping even more than they already were. I brought my face closer to the map of the Fourth Sea that I was studying, as if putting it directly in front of my eyes would help, but finally I gave up and slapped the map back on my desk. I sat back, in my chair, and quickly drifted off into the world of dreams, but then I was awoken by a rap at the door.

"Jimm?" A subtle voice, one that I recognized and loved more than anything in the world, said my name softly from the other side of the wood.

"Come in." 

Thue's dark, gorgeous face appeared in the doorway, his dark brown hair an absolute mess. A smile drifted across his features, as he could clearly see I had been working.

"Jimm, you're captain, yes, but you need to sleep sometime." Thue closed the gap between the door and my desk, shutting the former behind him, and sat on the edge of my desk. He didn't say anything, but just gently reached out and touched my shoulder. 

I reached up and grabbed his hand, stood up, and pulled him over to the couch in my cabin. We both sat down, no space between us, Thue's arm around my waist. I placed my head into the crook of his muscular shoulder, and took a deep breath. Thue could calm me down from any situtation, just with his pure presence. 

"You smell like salt." I mumbled.

Thue's laugh vibrated through the entire room. "I live and work on a ship, Jimm. Of course I smell like salt. You're too tired to think straight. You need to sleep." Thue's lips met my forehead, and he began to stand up, but I pulled him back down onto the couch just as quickly as he had stood up. 

"If I'm sleeping, so are you. Captain's orders." 

A grin reached his hazel eyes, and he wrapped me in an enveloping hug. "I love you, Jimmina Turney."

"And I you, Thue Magid."