After

I pulled the blanket tighter around my shoulders, my teeth clenched to keep them from chattering.

The young man who had pulled me out, Isroth as he called himself, sat across from me, his hair covering his eyes.

The room was dark, as the windows were covered in draperies, and only a single light hung from the ceiling.

My heart ached. The image of Thue's blood on the deck burned in my mind, and tears welled in my eyes once again.

Finally, I looked up at Isroth. "Where.... Where am I?"

"You're in Beacon Hill, New York. Welcome to the Warehouse."

"What is.. New York?" I asked, for I had never heard of this place he mentioned. "What island is it on?"

"Its not on an island. We're in Earth. Where are you from?" He replied, a slight smile flitting across his lips.

"The Nine Seas. I was raised on a pirate ship."

"Pirates are cool." A voice at the door made me turn, and an extremely pale man was standing in the doorway, holding a tray of food. "I'm Ferris, by the way."

"I'm Jimm Turney, captain of the Hellani."

"And I'm assuming the Hellani is a boat?" He asked, handing me the tray. It had bread, a bowl full of soup, and a mug full of a hot drink that smelled like leaves.

"Yes, it is one of the finest ships upon the seas. Thank you for the food." I took a small sip of the drink, and gagged in my mouth. I spit it back into the cup. "Do you have any rum?"

Isroth laughed. "I can go look."