057 | OIKAWA TOORU

one shot is titled— BREAK MY HEARTinspired by dua lipa's break my heart

one shot is titledBREAK MY HEART
inspired by dua lipa's
break my heart

I'm always at the short end of every relationship I've ever had. If you think that I'm here to brag about every relationship I've ever been in, then you're wrong.

Men always fail me every time. Look, I'm not being so picky, but after every relationship that I've ended, I've realized that I deserve so much better, that I need to pick the best for me, but I've failed every time.

My sister thought that maybe, I'm meant to be alone. Trust me, I've thought of that every single time, but I always moved on.

Its been a year since my last relationship. I've decided not to be too hasty about it, and to just focus in my career.

My phone vibrated, but I was in the middle of a meeting. I turned it off and continued to focus at the screen.

After the meeting ended, I accompanied my boss to head back to our respective offices. When the door slammed shut, I turned on my phone, seeing a bunch of missed calls from my mother.

Thinking it was an emergency, I quickly pressed call.

"Hello?"

"Mom! What happened?"

She chuckled on the other line. "Your sister's getting married!!"

My mind went blank. I couldn't hear my mother's voice on the other line. It felt like I was stabbed. I can't believe my younger sister is getting married way ahead of me.

"Oh really? I thought they didn't want to take it to the next level yet?"

"I don't know myself."

I bit my lip. My boss' voice echoed in the intercom. "Oh, okay. I'll call you later mom."

"Alright. Honey, I didn't mean to upset you, or anything, okay? I love you."

I sighed, ending the call.

A few days went by quickly. I talked with my sister about her upcoming wedding and if she was ready for it.

I can't help but to feel a hint of jealousy when I saw her eyes shining brightly, talking about her fiancé, Hajime. He's her first boyfriend from 5 years ago, yet their relationship is still strong as ever, even to the point of marriage.

Despite this, I told myself to never have hard feelings, to push it away. I helped out with the wedding arrangements, with the invitations, the flowers, the venue, the dresses, and everything else.

The wedding was coming to a close, so my sister decided to throw a party for all of the guests in the wedding. My sister wanted me to be the maid of honor. I am her sister, after all.