♔ 𝚅𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 ♔

"People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves." —Paulo Coelho, 'Veronika Decides to Die'

||| (F/n)'s POV |||

The only thing special about today was being able to meet the new first years joining the volleyball club this year. This was the year we would make it to nationals, I'm sure of it. It's my last chance to get to play on the center stage as well.

Hopefully, life doesn't get in the way because it tends to do that a lot.

I walked Eiji to school and went on my way to my own school. When I got to class, I put my head down. This time I didn't even fall asleep. I stayed up all night and yet I wasn't even tired. I knew this was going to kick me in the ass later but for now I'll just tune out everyone else.

It was working until Oikawa Tōru was in the halls and everyone started swarming around him to talk. Even if he was in the halls, it felt like his fans were screaming in my ear.

When I looked up and turned to him, his aura was seriously pissing me off. I got out my seat and walked out of class, I'd come back when class actually started for now I'd just stay on the rooftop. When I was up there I stretched my arms and back and lightly yawned.

After a few minutes, I checked the time on my phone. It was time to started heading back to class.

|||

After lunch, I came down from the rooftop. I stopped before turning the corner some third years who were talking about me and it would be awkward if I walked through the hall.

"Did you hear what Watanabe said?"

"Yeah, apparently (L/n) doesn't pay to go here."

"Really? How?"

"I think the school pays for her to come like some scholarships. It makes sense since she is the top student."

"I heard she could have gotten to Shiratorizawa Academy or that other all girls school, why do you think she came here instead? They're ranked higher than us."

"Probably to be in the same school as Oikawa-san. They use to go to the same school. I can't blame her. Honestly, she could probably have him if she wasn't so you know."

"You think so."

"Most definitely. She's so pretty. They'd such such a power couple. And I hate to admit but she is a trend setter. Remember the ruckus she created the first day of school with her hair being dyed. She changed the whole rule with an essay about self expression. Now everyone are dyeing their hair, getting piercings, and tattoos as they pleased. That was unheard of here before she came."

"So Watanabe wasn't the first one to start that?"

"No, but most people still believe she is."

"Makes me think, I wonder what (L/n) is actually like."

"Me too. I'd probably try to talk to her if she didn't constantly look like she was going to stab someone."

"Look! It's Oikawa-san and Watanabe-san."

Finally, I thought to myself. Now that they finished talking I could go back to class. I walked down the hall pass the couple of the century.