♔ 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 ♔

"The great teachers fill you up with hope and shower you with a thousand reasons to embrace all aspects of life. I wanted to follow Mr. Monte around for the rest of my life, learning everything he wished to share of impart, but I didn't know how to ask." —Pat Conroy, My Losing Season: A Memoir

||| (F/n)'s POV |||

Midterm happened during the second to last week of May. The relief off everyone's shoulders was very evident when it was all over. At the end of the week, the rankings and scores were posted. I started at the bottom of the board and worked to the top. At moment, I was looking at the math scores.

There I was... number two?

"(L/n) didn't score the highest?"
"Oh my gosh."
"That's the first."
"It's about time she got humbled."

#2 - (L/n) (F/n) - 99.0

And at number one...

#1 - Oikawa Tōru - 99.5

My head snapped to Oikawa's direction. He screened. Oikawa then jumped behind Iwa for protection. All my friends including Iwa parted. Oikawa flinched. I approached.

"Please don't hurt me." He pleaded.

I glared him down, "Good job." I commended him. "You worked hard for it."

"HUH!?" Was the entire crowd's reaction from hearing a compliment from me towards Oikawa.

"Humf," Oikawa said and crossed his arms. "It doesn't feel like a victory. You're the one who's been tutored me."

"And... I didn't take your test idiot." I replied.

"Who are you calling idiot!? I scored higher than you!"

"But I'm the one who tutored you, wasn't I?"

"You little–"

Oikawa and I went back and forth with each other. By now, everyone was used to seeing us argue with each other and I meant everyone: The thirds years, the second years, the first years, the teachers, the staff, coaches, the principals, the administrators, the nurse... everyone.

"Baka! Baka!" He stuck his tongue out at me, "I can't hear you! I can't hear a thing!"

"I'm not even saying anything. You can't hear when I'm not talking. Boke."

"Baka!"
"Boke."
"Baka!"
"Boke."

He huffed and turned his back to me. Hev whispered, "Baka," thinking I wouldn't hear him.

I placed a hand on his shoulder. I spoke softly, "Say something else, I dare you."

Oikawa shivered in fear. He saluted. In his head, he was saying, "I have nothing ever to say. Sorry, ma'am."

I rolled my eyes. I looked at the rest of the scores and I was still on top of all of them so him having one category wasn't much.

Midterms signified the field trip coming up which also signified Daisuke-sensei's birthday. At the end of the day, all his students— homeroom, literature, and volleyball— organized a gift for our teacher.

We got a jar and made little personalized slip sheets for him using a type of rhetorical terms to wish him a happy birthday. He thanked all of us in abundance with a huge smile on his face, it caused female and male students alike to blush.

Lots of female staff members and students gave their own personalized gifts to Daisuke. I wasn't an exception, but I didn't publicly. I caught Daisuke right when he was leaving the school after practice. I handed him my wrapped notebook with the original poems that all my songs came from.