♔ 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 ♔

Note: I know some of y'all skip the quotes, but read this one it comes back.

"It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being." —John Joseph Powell, The Secret of Staying in Love

||| Wednesday |||
||| (F/n)'s POV |||

I cracked open the door when the door bell rang.

"What? Are you and your brothers playing secret agents or something?" Iwa inquired.

"Ah, no. Um, what's up?" I asked him.

"Uh, nothing." He answered. "I was thinking of you, as I do... and, uh I made a basket for you. You know since I know things have been kinda rough." He handed it over to me. I awed. "It has your favorite snacks, chocolate, a plushie, a like spa set, and I threw in a visa gift card— it has ¥5,000 on it. I made it a while ago, I just didn't know when would be a good time to give it to you. But I had to hurry because my moms have been eyeing your basket."

"You're so sweet. Thank you." I looked around it. I embraced him. We released each other.

"(F/n)-chan, I can take the kids to school if you want." A voice rang from behind me.

"Yeah, that'll be great." I answered.

"Who's that?" Iwa asked.
"Just... you know, a friend." I answered this time answering Iwa's question.

The boys and Haya left out with him after they said bye to me. Iwa watched the four of them.

"I can bring them back home after, but I'll have to leave after."

"Okay. Thanks, You've been a big help."

"It's the least. I can do." He walked out with them.

"(L/n), who is that?" Iwa asked again. "He looks grown." Now that he was gone. I didn't want to answer the question, but I knew I had to. "If he's just a fling, you can say that too. It's not like we're together."

"No. It's not that." I explained. "It's just that, that's, uh, my ex-boyfriend."

Iwa grabbed me and pulled me inside. "What do you mean? I thought you had a restraining order on him. Why was he in your apartment? Why is he taking Haru, Eiji, and Haya?"

"The restraining order was only for a year which is over. He's been helping me through this tough times. He's trying to be helpful." I answered.

"Has he done anything? He hasn't touched you, has he?"

"No, he hasn't done anything." I said, answering his questions.

"Why are you around him? You're not back together are you?"

"Iwa... I'm fine. I didn't want my mom to pick me up from the hospital so I called him and he's been helping me out since then." I explained.

"You were in the hospital?" My explanations were just raising more questions for Iwa. I sat him down and explained Guren.

"I don't like this at all. You should renew the restraining order. You shouldn't even let him around you or the kids. After all he did, think about–"

"Iwa, I can handle myself. I'm okay. He's changed." I said defending him.

"(L/n), you said the same thing about your Mom. And look, right when your Mom leaves you replace her with your ex. Don't you see, what you're doing?" Iwa tried to reason with me.