"Kane, as in Marcus Kane, on the council." She hears next to hear and turns to see a younger tan girl with black hair.

"Yeah, can't choose our parents, right? He's a bit of a dick if you don't know him. But he raised me, what can you do?" She tells her and the young girl debates if she likes her before nodding her head in agreement. She was right, they couldn't choose their parents, but this girl seemed to know that the council members were assholes.

"Octavia Blake." She says simply, waiting for the judgement.

"Blake? I knew your brother on the ark, Bellamy. You grew up under the floor, mad respect." Grace tells her and Octavia looks over at her surprised.

"Really?" She asks unconvinced.

"Yeah, you've done a hell of a lot more to survive than the rest of us. My dad may be on the council but I do not agree with their rules, that's why I refused to join the guard." Grace tells her and the drop ship begins to shake.

"What's that?" The young Blake asks worried.

"I don't know, the parachute should be deployed." Grace tells her and Octavia becomes nervous. "Hey, this ship is what? 100 years old, give it a minute."

After a few minutes of more shaking and Octavia gripping Grace's hand, the ship stopped and it went silent.

"Hear that? No machine hum." She hears someone say.

"That's a first." Another boy replies and then everyone starts getting out of their seats.

"The doors on the first level." She hears someone say as the kids file down the ladders.

"No, we can't just open the door." Clarke tells them and rushes to follow them.

"Finn. Hey, these boys decided to get out, that's not on you." Grace tells him as she kneels next to her friend.

"I got out of my seat first."

"Finn, we already knew you were an idiot. No one is judging you for that." She tells him and he looks up at her and lets out a laugh and she smiles. "They were warned about what could happen. Come on, let's get downstairs." She tells him and gives him a hand and pulls him to his feet.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." Grace can hear and makes her way to the front of the group after she makes it to the bottom floor.

When she makes it to the front light floods into the drop ship and it takes a few seconds for her eyes to adjust and when they do all she sees is green, it was all so green. Everyone watches as Octavia walks down the ramp and stands at the end for a second, before she jumps on the ground with a smile.

"We're back, bitches!" She screams and throws her hands up in the air. All the kids filed out of the drop ship and Grace was left there standing with the guy who pulled the lever.

"Sunshine, I heard you got arrested." She turns to see Bellamy Blake.

"Bellamy Blake, still keeping up with the old nickname I see. If I'm not mistaken, you were kicked out if the guard." She tells him and he scoffs and looks away. "Hey, just kidding with you, didn't mean to hit a soft spot." She tells him genuinely and he nods.

"How's your father?" He says with raised eyebrows and a rough voice, he wasn't a fan of her dad. If Grace was being honest, she understood why. If she wasn't her father's daughter, she wouldn't like him either. Truth is he hadn't been a great father when she was younger, but he changed, he loved her and was there for her.