Her eyes were finally torn away from the stone wall in front of her as Charlotte began to weep and scream from behind her. Worriedly shifting her body to look at the girl, she had seen Bellamy already making his way over to the young girl and shaking her awake. 

As soon as she came to her senses, the terrified girl instantly started apologising for waking the others, to which Bellamy asked her; "Does it happen often?". Margaret watched their interaction intently, seeing a whole new side of the Blake boy. He was gentle with her and didn't push her to tell him anything. He only soothed her and told her:

"Now, when you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and you say, 'screw you. I'm not afraid.'.. Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep." 

His words seemed to resonate with Charlotte, as she seemed much calmer than she was only minutes before. She settled back down, closing her eyes once again, the silence returning.

Margaret Kane's eyes were trained of Bellamy Blake as he too returned to his previous position, and to her it seemed like he was a completely different person. However, she could see a lot of holes and flaws in his logic, though it was a kind act, perhaps giving a young and impressionable child a knife and telling them to 'slay their demons' wasn't the best approach. 

Bellamy felt eyes watching him as he shifted to find a comfortable position on the hard ground, he looked up to meet the eyes of the young Kane, seeing how her demeanour too had changed. Her eyes were softer and less judgmental when she looked at him.

They both looked away instantly not saying a word for the rest of the night, in attempt to get any rest at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Margaret awoke to the sounds of feet crunching outside of the cave, she sluggishly lifted herself into a sitting position, wincing from the pain on her upper arm that she had forgotten about. 

Her eye's drifted to the mouth of the cave, seeing Bellamy's tall figure turn around and inform the girls that; "It's all clear." 

The trio emerged from the cave, appreciating the light on their faces once again. They walked closely calling out for the others that they were separated from amidst all of the chaos. Eventually they had met up with everybody apart from one, making Margarets stomach churn. They had found everybody, apart from Atom.

Her suspicions were confirmed when a deafening, high pitch scream was heard in the distance. Prompting the group to run towards the sound, finding Charlotte staring wide eyed at a blistered and burnt Atom. 

The Kane girl, raised her hand to cover her mouth. This was her fault, she left him to die after injuring him in the first place. She thought the burn on her arm was bad, she didn't even want to imagine the pain Atom was in with the burns covering every inch of his body. 

"Go back to camp." Bellamy announced, most of the group not needing to be told twice. They all rushed back in the direction of the drop ship, however Margarets paces were much slower. Her vision was becoming blurry from the tears swelling in her eyes and her head began to sway, a sense of nausea spreading through her body. She gripped onto a tree in a fearful daze, not able to remove the image of Atom from her mind. 

The bile that rose in her throat soon turned into the minimal contents in her stomach leaving her lips. The sickness in her stomach did not even come close to the flashing images of the boy she had killed in her mind.

Her legs too began to sway, and so she crouched down, hugging her hands around her torso and weeping like she never had before. Her face was redder than blood and her eyes puffy and wet. She leant her head against the tree besides her, looking up into the sky. 

She did this, she was a murderer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Margaret had finally returned to camp, the sun had already set and Bellamy had made it before her, with Atoms dead body. Everybody had obviously seen it, she could tell by the feared and sorrowful looks on everybody's face, everybody apart from John Murphy. He looked angry, cuts and bruises coated his face.

As soon as he saw her frightened figure emerge from the tree line, Murphy rushed to her aid immediately.  She was still in a dazed state, her eyes glazed over and her mouth agape, trembling. "It was me." She choked out barely audible, finally looking up into the boys' eyes.

"I-I killed him, I'm the reason he's dead. Oh my god, I killed him." She rushed out, her thoughts were jumbled, so obviously her words followed suit. 'You coward'. She though to herself. 'You can't even say his name'. 

John Murphy had no idea how to comfort her, how to make her feel any better. He simply placed both hands on her tear stained cheeks and looked at her for a moment, before bringing her into his chest and hugging her tightly. She broke, she began sobbing once again, gasping for air amidst her rapid breathing and salty tears. 

The boy stood with his arms around her and his chin on her head, letting her mourn. He didn't need to say anything, his presence was enough for her. "C'mon." He prompted gently. "Let's go lie down, okay?"

He guided her back to his tent, where the two lay all night, not saying a single word to one another. Margarets crying had died down and as the sadness left her body, it was replaced with a void. A black and empty pit of nothingness within her. The only thing reminding her she was still in Murphy's arms was the stinging on her arm because of the acid fog. 

Murphy's breath on the back of her neck throughout the night was comforting, however the girl knew she would be getting any sleep for a while, in fact she could barely close her eyes without shaking from fear. 

Margaret had never been any good with processing her emotions, and now it felt like an overdose of them all. She wanted to be back home on the Ark, so she could hide away and distract herself by burying her head in a book. She wanted to run from everything she had felt in her body and her mind, lock all of the emotions and thoughts into a box and throw away the key. So if that's what it would take to feel okay, to not feel anything at all... then so be it.