-0.5-

As the sun rose the next day, Margaret Kane returned to the delinquent camp from where she had slept the night before. After talking to Murphy last night, she had thought that for a moment, perhaps the company of others might not be as bad as she had once thought. Of course this revelation wasn't going to make her talk to everybody who she could see, but it was definitely progress. The girl had unfortunately lacked many social cues as a result of her prolonged isolation so she was rather hesitant and unsure of John Murphy, and where the two stood with one another. 

The girl managed to navigated her way around the camp, admiring the small civilisation they had all made so far, a wall had begun to be built and makeshift tents had been planted around the large drop ship. However her small and refreshed smile faltered at the stares she had received from just about everybody who came into her view. The girl shrunk into herself, beginning to feel embarrassed as she caught people whispering with their friends about her.

"Better luck next time, junkie." A boy called, before walking off with one of his friends who laughed and praised him for his words. Margaret lowered her gaze and had considered leaving camp once again but was caught off guard when the sound of gasps filled the air and a loud "oomph"followed by body hitting the ground. Snapping her head to the side where the sound had come from, Margaret couldn't help but let a giggle escape her lips, before quickly placing a hand over her mouth to hide the smile that had appeared.

John Murphy had stood over the boy who previously made the crude comment, his eyes flicking up to Margarets and sending her a wink. 

"You wanna try that again?" Murphy challenged, finding joy as the boy beneath him stared upwards in fear. 

"I-I'm sorry man, I didn't mean it." The boy stuttered, holding his hands in front of his face to avoid any potential blows. 

"Yeah that's what I thought. Get out of here asshole." 

Margaret could definitely admit... that was hot. She appreciated Murphy standing up for her, and all of the stares seemed to disappear, all she could see now was him. 

The boy scrambled to his feet, nearly falling flat on his face as he did so, and rushed away from Murphy as quickly as he could. As soon as he was out of sight, Margaret finally let the laugh escape her lips, walking closer to John.

"That was... amazing." She gawked, standing awkwardly in front of him. "I don't think anybody's every stood up for me like that." Margaret was now smiling sweetly up at the boy who watched her intently. "Yeah well get used to it." Murphy spoke lowly, wrapping an arm around the girl as the began to walk with one another. "C'mon, me and a couple guys are doing some weapon training."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Margaret sat crossed legged with her back against the tree as she observed Murphy's so called 'weapon training'. She played absentmindedly with the grass beneath her feeling a lot less of an outsider as she watched the boy in front of her poorly throwing knives around and gloating at any chance he could find. 

John Murphy had taken off his jacket and now stood with a tighter long sleeve layered under a ratted blue t-shirt. She could make out his figure far better now, he was much slimmer than she had originally thought but still enough muscle on his arms to be considered brawn as apposed to lanky.  

"Impressive." Margaret chuckled, as yet another small blade bounced off a tree and onto the ground rather pathetically.

He glanced at her playfully before retrieving his knife from the ground. He melted into a smile however when his eyes met hers and he wandered over to where she stood. "I doubt you could do any better, Kane." He challenged looking down at her seated figure with a childish grin plastered on his face.