33

I wanted more than anything to be in chase's arms right now, to feel his warmth, but there was something I needed to do first.

I walked into my bathroom and glanced at the girl who claimed to be my reflection.

My eyes and nose were red, mascara left trails down my face. My lips were chapped and my hair strayed in every direction.

"God, i'm a mess." i mumbled to myself

I quickly rinsed my face, making sure to scrub off the mascara. Then brushed through my hair until it rested down my shoulders, framing my face.

I applied some new mascara, some chapstick, and a little blush and gloss to make me look more alive.

Then i knew it was time.
I put on a new shirt since the one i had been wearing was stained with my tears.

I made my way out the door, down the elevator, and to the lobby where I knew everyone would be.

"Payton, we need to talk" i stated, my voice booming through the hotel lobby.

"Hey what's wrong?" he asked confused

"Don't worry, I'll tell you. Now do you really want me to do this out here in front of everyone or would you rather we went somewhere more," i paused, "private?"

"Calm down. Just tell me what's up."

"If you insist." i smirked before walking closer to him. Everyone's eyes were on me, but I didn't care.

"I know payton. I know everything. You're little partner," i pointed toward cynthia, "filled me in. Now i'll ask one more time, do you really want to do this here?"

Payton's face said it all.
He knew he was screwed.

"let's go" he finally responded

We walked out of the hotel towards the back so we were outside near the patio.

"Kenzie before you start i just want you to know i-"

"oh no, i'm the one doing the talking. I don't care what you have to say. I'm done. Done being lied to, done being manipulated, i'm over it. You knew how badly i was struggling and you watched me tear myself apart. You guys could've ruined my career, my life. All for what, cause you have a crush on me. I want nothing to do with you payton, and you better believe once tour is over, you'll never hear from me again."

Payton was stunned, he simply couldn't make out anything to say.

I began to turn and walk back into the hotel, until i realized i had forgotten something.

"Oh and payton, Me and you, never gonna happen. But maybe you and Cynthia would be good together, after all you both seem to have a lot more in common than i thought."
And with that I left.

I smiled to myself, proud that I had finally stood up for myself. I walked with confidence back into the lobby.
All eyes had returned back to me, but I didn't care because the one person I was looking at, stared right back at me.

Chase.
I continued in his direction, as he walked closer towards me as well.

"So what was that all about?" Chase asked