And it was leaded by Black himself, the bloodhound, the killer... the guy that was walking towards us with a serious expression, his black suit and his red shirt followed by a black tie, he was seriously incredibly attractive. I remember hearing from Lenore that he was one of the hottest single millionaire guys that ever appeared in Forbes' 30 under 30. He sure knew how to dress well.

"How can I help you, Mr. Jackson?", I asked politely as they halted when they noticed we would not move from our spot, in front of the meeting room doors. But he didn't even look at my way, he was rather looking at the doors, maybe wondering why we are stopping him from getting in... or maybe he knew the exactly reason why, that's why he had a smug smile on his face.

"We came for the investors meeting", said the woman that was a little bit behind him. I also knew her, she was the Vice President of Black Team, Karen Faye.

"I'm afraid that that's not possible", I said, my smile tight on my face. Then I turned around and went to the nearby desk and took a clipboard, looking through it. "You haven't made an appointment and I think you're aware that meeting with the President isn't possible if you don't have a scheduled appointment", I explained, putting the clipboard back in the desk, they were looking at me sharply.

I heard Mr. Jackson's light chuckle, sarcastic. "Aren't you taking your job too seriously?", he asked, putting his hands on his pockets in a casual way as I stood my ground, firm and serious.

"I believe this is a serious company, per se, I'm attached to the rules", I informed him, walking back to my original spot, leading the barricade that held them from getting into the meeting room. It wiped off his smile.

"Whatever, let's just get in", he mumbled to Karen as I then took the small device from my pocket and pressed it, triggering an alarm that made more security guards come to my aid, preventing them to move an inch closer.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Mr. Jackson", I said, changing my expression from serious to a tight smile. My abdomen hurt, still, I held my ground.

"You're brave, I see", he said, brushing his hand over his sharp jawline. Then he eyed me from toes to head.

"I'm just doing my job", I said, Lenore and Reina were quiet, watching me take care of this issue.

"It's okay Louisa, let them pass... the meeting has ended, they can get in now", said the company's lawyer and my childhood best friend, Tyler Miller. I didn't even move a muscle until Mr. Jackson turned around to see me with a smug smile. Ty must have come out from the other way of the meeting room.

"You may come in, Mr. Jackson", I said, signaling everyone to make space for him to pass.

He passed by us and looked smugly at me again, but I wasn't looking at him, but at the floor. I didn't care what he or his team thought of me. I work strictly for this company and the President's wishes are always my priority.

After they got in, I knew that I had to go and prepare the drinks for the investors.

When I started handing the drinks out, I knew the taste of almost everyone, Mr. Jackson included. Even if it was the first time, he has seen me in years, I knew that a simple hot tea with honey was what he preferred instead of coffee or anything else. He looked curiously at the cup of tea I've settled in front of him, but I kept doing my thing.

I had to wait outside until the meeting ended and since the room was soundproof for security issues, we would have to wait to know the fate of the company's brand that was target of rumors and hate. Reina nudged me.

"In a scale from one to ten, how serious the situation is?", she asked me, wiggling her brows.

"I wouldn't know... something feels off in all this", I told her with all honesty. "What I know is that Mr. Washington disappeared", I said, because my family had been working for this company for so long that I knew by memory and heart everyone in the factory. One of them, the head of the product reviewing, was my own boyfriend's father.

"What? Why would he do that?", she asked, and I understood her, it was too weird that the man that oversaw the mixing for years had suddenly disappeared... and at this time, too. I knew Mr. Washington; he wasn't capable of doing bad things on purpose.

"Well, people might think he is at fault, isn't it obvious?", Lenore commented, making us sigh. "Poor Mr. Washington, I wonder if these guys from Black Team aren't trying to do their big hit here and create a whole story just take more power", she said and it was not a bad theory, at all.

It's just what they do. They were cold-hearted, ruthless and they would do anything for the money.

We stopped talking as the double doors opened and Mr. Jackson and his team got out. However, instead of moving forward, Mr. Jackson looked at me with raised eyebrows. "How did you know that I like my tea like that?", he asked. I had a feeling that no one around him knew him as well as my father did.

I gulped hard as I showed him my tight smile again. "Because that's the way my father used to make it for you, Mr. Jackson", I replied, knowing well what was about to come.

Mr. Jackson saw my plaque with high interest and chuckled when he read my name. "Oh, so you're Louisa Ronan?", he said, looking at me contemptuously. "I should've known, where else did I smell the traitor scent? Ah yes, just like your father", he laughed and then gritted his teeth, as if I was his prey.

Long short story, his father used to own this company, 25 years ago. But he had a heart disease and died unexpectedly... and in his will, instead of figuring Joseph Jackson's wife and son... it had his uncle's name - Jonathan Jackson, the current President. And after this had happened, they were left with nothing and they came to ask President Jackson's help and they found out my late father, Kevin Ronan, became the new Vice President at that time.

"Isn't curious how the world works, Ms. Ronan? Traitors attracts more traitors despite how long the bloodline is, isn't it?", he said, full of hatred.

I remained quiet and still. "I'm sure the world has its mysterious ways of working, Mr. Jackson, but none of us could quite tell, since we're only human", I replied, calmly.

Mr. Jackson didn't say anything else; he just buttoned his suit jacket properly and proceeded to walk away.

"Jesus Christ, Lou!", Reina said as soon as he was gone. "Are you okay?"

"If he looked at me like that I most probably would've died", Lenore said, catching my arm in comfort.

"I'm fine", I simply said with a small smile.

But I was not.

I went to the rooftop, thinking about my father and his work at this company. The way things had gone from right to wrong at some point... and the fate of our families wasn't even on our hands. Michael Jackson went through a lot of things and every time I see him succeed the way he does, it just reminds me that he has a strong thirst for revenge... and that someday, it'll be my turn.

"Here you are!", I heard Ty's voice behind me, he was coming up to me.

"Hi, Ty", I said, sipping a bit of my own herbal tea.

"Queenie told me that your indigestion is bothering you", he said, standing next to me and looking at the other skyscrapers. This part of Los Angeles made you sigh, there was no beauty in it, no nature, just pure buildings.

"Yeah, but I'll feel better... I have a date with Georgie tonight", I said with a smile and he smiled at me, too.

"Are you okay?", he asked suddenly, and I knew that Reina and Lenore told them something about my small argument with Mr. Jackson.

"He thinks we're the bad ones", I mumbled before sipping some more of my tea. Then I shook my head. "I mean, I will be... don't tell Georgie, please? You know how he is, he'll get worried", I pleaded him as he rolled his eyes.

"Alright, but I'll still text him to buy you some indigestion medicine", he said pretending to be stern with me, I just chuckled at him and went back to see the sad view and sip my herbal tea.