sixteen - true king

Start from the beginning

I saw T'challa fly in the corner of my eye and it took my focus away for a bit. Oh shit.

Nakia got one of his weapon, a blade out of Killmonger's hands and then landed a hit then got the other blade. Shuri sent a few blasts his way and I managed to get a few hits in before he slashed the side of my arm and I fell back in pain and dropped my spear.

Killmonger managed to land two hard blows on Nakia, He slashed her arm and leg with his claws and countered her next attack. He flung her down the hill and now his attention was on me and Shuri.

I got up, blood dripping down my arm. That's going to be a lovely scar.

Shuri sent a stream of blasts and got closer and closer. "Shuri don't!" I yelled and ran to pull her back but before I could he picked up one of the blades that Nakia took earlier and hit her gauntlets.

I tried to wrestle it out of his hand but he's much stronger then me by a long mile. He flung me like a rag doll to the side and crushed Shuri's gauntlets.

She tried to shoot from them but he must've crushed him so strongly that he rendered them useless.

He flung her to the side next to me and I tried to get up but he put his leg right on my shin and put pressure. I let out a yelp and I summoned a blade of ice and tried to stab him but he grabbed my wrist. "No!" I yelled.

"What's up, Princess..." He put his gaze on Shuri while still holding me in both places. "I've been itching to kill an Avenger, why not the most useless one?" He looked back at me. His words hurt but his grip hurt more.

"You'll never be a true king." Shuri said and kept an angry look on her face but she was okay with dying for this but however I'm not. She backed herself up. His blade in his free hand was pointed at her.

He brought the blade up and I was about to move myself the best I could to take the hit for her but my body was quickly released as T'challa came from nowhere and tackled him.

He fell right down the mound, into the abyss of the mining cave. He'll win this time, I can feel it.

I got up and rubbed my shin and Shuri also got up and looked around in a slight daze. "What? never almost been killed before?" I chuckled a bit

"You were gonna take it for me, thank you." She hugged me and I was surprised for a second before accepting it and giving her a quick squeeze. "What you thought I'd let you die? Princess you're too phenomenal." I pulled away.

She gave me a smile before I looked back at all the flighting happening. "Okay we need to get back out there."

Suddenly she looked back down and was seemly answering T'challa. "Brother!"

"You help him, I'll go fight." I gave her a nod and she returned it. I grabbed my spear and ran off down the hill. I tried to spot Okoye or Nakia, and I know nothing can take them out anyway but I still worry.

One of the boarder tribe men swung his blade at me but I blocked it with my spear and extended it. I stuck it into the ground and used it to boost myself around. I kicked him square in the chest and he flew back. Then I fought another man and then another. How many guys does the boarder tribe have?

I turned around and noticed I was being closed in by the tribe's forcefield cloaks, not just me but all the Dora, Nakia and Shuri. This is madness.

I held my spear up in defense and looked beside me, Only five of us remain against this whole tribe, not fair at all.

"Surrender now! You have three seconds to lay down your weapons!" W'kabi spoke to us. I have a feeling we're all too stubborn to surrender but this kinda looks hopeless.

I kept my eyes focused on the men around me as W'kabi began to count. "One!... Two!..." He was about to say three when all the men all started to become shocked and their eyes looked to something else.

I heard barking from many men in the distance and I smirked.

M'baku showed up on a rock and lifted up one of the boarder tribe's men. "Witness the might of the Jabari firsthand!" He exclaimed and threw the dude to the side. The man yelled and hit the side of a forcefield.

We all lowered our weapons a bit and all were in awe. He really did it.

Now we have the upper hand.

This is gonna be a double update, next chapter incoming y'all!