"Wind style: wind scythe!" I yelled and blades of wind came from my hands, destroying many of Zabuza's water clones, but I was fighting a losing battle and I knew it.

"You guys need to run! Get Tazuna out of here! This fight was decided the moment I got caught." I heard Kakashi yell to the kids. I scoffed. Did he have so little faith in me?

"No way!" I heard Naruto yell. Oh no. He can't try to help. It won't go well.

I lost focus for mere seconds, trying to see what Naruto was doing, and felt a searing pain in my leg, that made me fall to the ground, screaming.

"Mika-sensei!" I heard the kids yell. I looked down to my leg, and it had been stabbed pretty good by Zabuza's sword. It hurt like hell. I tried to stand, but the cut was too deep, and I couldn't.

I looked up to see Naruto throw something to Sasuke, who threw it at Zabuza. Suddenly, Naruto appeared behind Zabuza, and broke his concentration, releasing the water prison.

"Good job, boys!" I yelled. I was starting to get light headed, probably from blood loss in my leg. I tried to stop it, but couldn't. The gash was too large.

Kakashi finished the fight by copying Zabuza's water jutsu and using it against him, but before he could make the kill, Zabuza fell to the ground, dead, and a hunter-nin came out of the forest. He told Kakashi he was to dispose of Zabuza's body, and took it away. I tried to stand again, and make my way over to the rest of my team, but I couldn't. I was in too much pain. I started seeing black spots in my vision and I knew I was going to pass out. Great. This day is just great.

—————————-

When I woke up, I noticed that I was laying on a bed. Weird. Last I remembered, I was on the forest floor. I sat up, stretching my screaming muscles, and looked around the room. It didn't look familiar at all. I looked at my leg, remembering that it was hurt, and it was now bandaged. I honestly didn't feel that much pain in it, so I decided to try to get up. It hurt, but I could walk, so that's a good sign. I left the room I was in, and made my way to where I heard voices.  I ended up in the living room and found the others sitting around a passed out Kakashi.

"Overused his sharingan?" I asked, and moved his feet so I could sit down on the couch. Sasuke nodded. This happened more frequently than I liked. He had no need to overuse his sharingan like that when I had two perfectly good ones that I basically couldn't overuse. The only thing I knew not to do often was use the mangekyo, and that was more for the sake of my eyesight than anything else. I had never managed to overuse my normal sharingan, and yet, Kakashi chose to be reckless.

"Will he be okay, Mika-sensei?" Naruto asked. I nodded.

"This is normal. He'll wake up in a few hours." I explained. "Thank you guys for getting us back here. I'm proud of you." I smiled at them. It must have been difficult for them to carry two passed out adults, and be watchful for more attackers. They did good.

"Dinner is ready." A woman I hadn't seen before told us. "I'm Tsunami." She stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"Mika." I took her hand and shook it.  I got up off the couch and limped my way into the dining room for dinner. It smelled amazing. "Thank you for your hospitality, Tazuna, Tsunami." I tried to set a good example for the kids. They didn't have to let us stay here, and yet they did. 

"Thank you for protecting my father." Tsunami responded. The rest of the meal was pretty much silent, and I began thinking back to the fight with Zabuza, and how the hunter-nin acted. It was strange. Usually, they want to deal with the body immediately so there's no risk of their village's secrets getting out, but this guy didn't do that. And the way it happened was weird. Senbon needles aren't deadly in most cases, so why use them? Something wasn't adding up. I'd have to talk it through with Kakashi when he wakes up. He's much better at this stuff than I am.

"We should get to bed. I want to do some training with you guys tomorrow." I stated and got up.

"Training? But your leg!" Naruto shouted, which woke up Kakashi. He glared our direction, probably trying to process what was going on.

"I'll be fine. You guys will do most of the work anyways." I smiled at him. His eyes got wide, probably thinking of something horrible that I'd have them do. In reality, I was going to make them climb trees. They'd be more useful in a fight if they could control their chakra.

"Why do you always have to overdo it, idiot?" I glared at Kakashi, walking over to him.

"You couldn't help! What else was I supposed to do?" He tried to deflect.

"Not use your sharingan so much that you pass out, and leave three children to carry us all the way here." I continued to glare.

"It's good for them! It was good training." I just rolled my eyes. He may be right, but still.

"Mika, Kakashi?" Tsunami asked.

"Yeah?" We responded at the same time.

"We only have two rooms to spare. I hope that's enough." She smiled at us.

"That will be fine. The kids can share one, and Mika and I can share one." Kakashi shrugged. I nodded.

"Thank you Tsunami." I smiled. I told the kids to go get some sleep, and threatened them if I heard them talking. It seemed to work. Kakashi still wasn't well enough to walk, so I did my best to help him into our room, though it was challenging because my leg was screaming from the added weight of supporting another person.

"I'll take the floor, you can have the bed." I told him before he could say the same thing. He was in worse shape than I was, so he needed the bed more.

"It's a queen sized bed, we can just share it." We had never actually shared a bed before. One of us always took the floor or the couch, so I didn't know why he was suggesting this, all of a sudden.

"It's fine, I don't mind sleeping on the floor. You need to recover more."

"We're both adults, it's no big deal, Mika." He rolled his eyes at me.

"It's really fine, I don't mind." I pulled out my pajamas from my backpack, and signaled for him to close his eyes so I could change. He obliged.

"Why are you being so stubborn? Do you not trust me?" He actually seemed somewhat offended, which made me feel bad.

"It's not that, it's just-"

"Then what?" I paused. I couldn't tell him that I didn't want to share a bed because I wanted to share a bed too much. I was worried a repeat of that night years ago would happen. I would say something stupid, and he would leave, making me think he was gone for good. I wouldn't do that to myself again.

"You can open your eyes, I'm done changing." His eyes met mine. He looked confused, and I didn't understand why. "It's nothing." I finally answered.

"Then get in." He patted the side of the bed next to him. I sighed and turned off the light so we could sleep, and got into bed.

"I think Zabuza might still be alive." I tried to change the subject away from me.

"I know. I had already figured that out." I could sense the smirk on his face from here. Sometimes, he's too cocky for his own good.

"Of course you did. Show off." I muttered. "I'm gonna have the kids climb trees tomorrow. If Zabuza comes back, neither of us are in the condition to fight him."

"No, I'll train them, you guard Tazuza. I can't move without crutches or help, you'll be of more use to him."

"Okay. That sounds like a decent plan."

"Goodnight, Mika."

"Night, Kashi." I smiled and rolled over onto my side, facing away from Kakashi and towards a window. I wasn't tired, so I just stared at the sky, and tried to fall asleep.