Chapter 7: Room of Requirement

The morning sun shone brightly through the huge windows of Ravenclaw common room, reflecting on its beautiful stars magically carved on the ceiling. Luna sat on one of the turquoise chairs in the still silent and empty room, the latest Quibbler edition upside down in her hands, her trustworthy spectrespecs covering her eyes entirely.

She usually woke up earlier than most of her housemates, and since she didn't have many friends in her own House, she did enjoy her alone time in the common room.

After a few minutes of reading the magazine, hunger took over her. She got up from the fluffy chair and directed herself to her dormitory carefully, putting her glasses and magazines on her bed and threw on a carefully knit sweater with a bold L on the front - a thoughtful present sent to her by Molly Weasley on the previous Christmas eve.

Descending the stairs of the Ravenclaw common room, she made her way to the Kitchens, hoping to satisfy her sweet tooth for the time being.

She spied into the messy, flour covered room with more than a dozen house elves who worked frenetically from side to side.

"Excuse me, Miss." Luna called out to Winky, the house elf. "I was wondering if you by any chance have any pudding left in here."

She stumbled towards the girl with a soft look in her eyes.

The elf nodded energetically. It was good to see Winky happy and well after everything she'd been through.

Handing Luna a white porcelain plate with a fat slice of pudding, she rushed to help another house elf who seemed to be struggling to handle a huge kettle of boiling water.

"How is your year going so far, miss?" The blond girl stated as she finished the sweet.

"Much, much better. Headmistress does treat Winky and the others good." Her small pinkish hands mixed some cake batter while another house elf added sugar to the bowl.

"I see." Luna smiled and got up from the table. "It's good to see you again."

The house elf smiled in acknowledgment, going back to what she was doing before Luna came in.

Lovegood made her way back to the common room absentmindedly. Before she could turn around in the corridor, however, Luna bumped into someone.

"Sorry." She took a step back, hand on forehead.

"Why do people keep running into me these days?" The person fixed their blond, newly messy hair. "Watch it."

"Oh, hello Draco." Luna beamed, seeing that it was Draco Malfoy. "Wrackspurts must've gotten to me."

"I won't even ask what that is." He frowned, more preoccupied with finding wrinkles in robes than anything else. "Not such a terrible thing you met me now, though."

She eyed him curiously, as if asking him to explain why.

"In case you've forgotten, there's still missing information regarding the paperwork in Potions." He tried his best not to sound needy or interested in the topic, now fully concentrated on adjusting his already well adjusted tie.

"You look sleepy." She remarked, noticing how he flinched his eyes at sunlight.

He ignored her comment and kept speaking.

"I would suggest we work at the Library, but we can't exactly discuss anything there." Draco immediately pictured Madam Pince yelling at him for talking too loudly. "I could suggest your common room, but that would look suspicious. I could even suggest my common room, but that would be disastrous for you."

Luna looked puzzled at the last part. Why would it be disastrous for her? She pondered for a few minutes before brushing his comment off.

"I know a place." Luna said at last. "You've been there before."