Girlfriends

A/N: A little short and crappy, but I had to include the cast of from the actual GA series, didn't I?

Also, it's looking like it's actually pulling together to form some sort of cohesive plot (At least this one is related to the last one)? I dunno yet. For now, enjoy the one shots!

Same ol' same ol', don't own em...ya-dee-ya

---

"Should I be suspicious that you two entered Gotham Academy at the same time, or no?," a dark, short-haired girl inquired Damian as she picked at her nails.

He watched her as she did so, clicking his tongue.

She had grown up quite a bit since he met her the first few times; her hair had grown out to the point where she kept it just below her chin. She might have grown a couple inches, too, and perhaps gained a couple of pounds in the process, but the consistently elevated mood, obnoxiously loud voice, intensely blunt questions, and love for making everything into a mystery she had to solve stayed the same – that was the one and only Maps Mizoguchi for him.

"Do you expect me to answer that, or no?," he asked sharply in return, turning back to his work. "And find another place to groom yourself, would you?" He clicked his tongue again. "Disgusting."

She stuck hers out at him as she tried to kick him from underneath the wooden picnic table. He was able to move his leg just in time before her foot collided with it, making her hit the metal legs of the table instead. She rolled her eyes as he gave her a triumphant grin but continued to pick at her nails anyways.

"I should complain to your girlfriend that you're being mean to me," Maps spat, her tone teasing. "She'd come to my rescue."

He felt his face grow hot.

Damian slammed his book shut, the "wham" much louder than he intended it to be, making him wince. So much for making himself appear unperturbed by Maps' badgering. When he eyed her with an irritated scowl, he found a satisfied smirk on her face. She knew exactly what she was doing.

"Rachel is not my girlfriend!," he retorted, his voice containing much more emotion than he had intended it to.

If he was trying to appear as if she didn't get under his skin at all, he was failing absolutely miserably.

Like a puppet, he could do nothing else but play along with her little game. It wasn't as if he wanted to; if he had the choice he'd just ignore her and her incessant calling of Raven his "girlfriend", but the only choices he deemed worthy were retorting and denying the claim whenever she brought it up, or using industrial level tape to keep her mouth shut – and the latter would most definitely land him straight in the headmaster's office, so of course he had no other choice than to just challenge the accusation every time it came about.

She sighed, "who said I was talking about Rachel?" Her attention went nonchalantly back to her nails as she started whistling a tune to herself.

He growled. "Never mind, I don't have time for this. I have work to do."

Opening his book, he tried to swat Maps' attempts of irritating him away by turning his attention back to his reading.

'I celebrate myself'...(1)

They were like little itty bitty pests that threatened to prick at his skin until he eliminated them.

'I loafe and invite my soul'...

There were present, just buzzing around his head, and they were able to be ignored, yes, of course they were, but he was Damian Wayne. He couldn't just ignore them.