Coffee Shop (Mashton)

A/N In this story I made it so Michael has purple hair. Let's pretend this coffee shop, is also a book store. Also I dedicate this to @katie_blohm because she helped me a lot with this! So Thank you!

There's a cozy, little coffee shop at the corner of a quiet street. It has a sorta of homey feel, the smell of coffee lingers in the air. The only sounds coming from the small building are the turning of pages, the clicking of keys on laptops, and some music playing lightly in the background. 

Ashton had always dreamed of owning his own coffeeshop, he has always enjoyed meeting new people, how even the slightest smile can brighten up a person's day. His favorite thing about his shop is this one boy with pastel purple hair, he comes in everyday with a different colored flower crown. The boy always comes in a book in hand, and sits in the corner. Ashton has always known he was gay, but never acted on his feelings. However this was different, there was something intriguing about the boy with colored hair. 

Michael loves going into the coffee shop, it fascinated him, from the smell of coffee to the cozy atmosphere. It's his favorite place to go to relax and read books, plus the guy who runs the shop is pretty cute. Michael check his pockets to make sure he has his phone, he grabs his current book, and heads to the little shop. Michael's gay, but he never really liked labeling himself. Unlike Ashton's supportive community, Michael had always gotten bullied, and even worse so since he came out. Michael loved to talk, but then the bulling got to him, people said everything he said was stupid, so he became mute. 

Usually Michael leaves around 5, but today was different he got lost in the book he was currently reading. Ashton was too shy to ask him to leave, so he just started to put up decorations for Christmas (which was just around the corner). 

 After Ashton put up a small Christmas tree on the counter. He started to put on lights, garland, and little ornaments. When it came time to put the little star on the top, he couldn't reach since the small tree was on the counter. The smaller boy tried to reach on his tippy toes, but to no avail did it work. That's when he felt a body against his back and saw arms putting the star on the top of the tree. The older boy ducked his head as he blushes, and mumbled a small thank you to the colorful haired boy. The younger boy nodded, and turned to leave, but Ashton quickly grabbed his wrist. "Can you help me hang some lights around? I'm too short, I mean you don't have to, never mind." Michael was quick to type an answer in the notes app on his phone, and show the older boy. Sure, I'd love to help. 

"Are you mute?" His eyes widened, when he realized what he said. "Oh my god, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Even if you are its okay, like I don't-" Ashton was cut of by a phone in his face reading It's fine. Yes I am. So what do you want me to help with? :). After that the two boys continued to hang lights, and other decorations, dancing to the music in the background (which happened to be Christmas music).

It was around 8 p.m when they finished decorating, when a slow song came on over the shop speakers. The younger boy held his hand out for the older boy to take, which Ashton gladly took (maybe a little to quick, but nobody has to know). After a few moments Ashton looked up to see Michael already looking down at him smiling. "This is nice" The older boy whispered afraid to break the silence. "Yeah, it is." A quiet hoarse voice, Ashton's head snapped up, and he stared at the younger boy in disbelief. Michael saw the look, he cleared his throat. "Maybe talking isn't so bad when it's with the right person." 

If they kissed, it may have been a sweet, gently, yet magical, filled with so much love, but if they did nobody has to know. Both boys knew there were going to be together for a long time, maybe even forever, and it's all thanks to Ashton's dream of owning a coffee shop. 

A/N I tried to get this done sooner, but I just couldn't think of anything good to write. I kinda rushed the ending sorry.