obsession ( part 2 )

—————

"Where are you?"

She froze. The outrage, the entitlement, the jurisdiction in his yell frightened her. His low, raspy voice pierced her ears. She needed to leave. Her body lurched into the darkness before twisting to lock the door behind her. The pounding of his footsteps made her feel so helpless. Her body slid to the cold planks beneath her, racked in pain. Her bruised chest and stomach ached and hurt. Tears welled in her eyes, flowing against her wishes. Holding everything in had become second nature - but too many storms can burst any dam.

"Baby?"

Her hands clamped tightly over her quivering mouth, as fists pounded on the other side of the door. If she squeezed her eyes shut and whispered a prayer, maybe she would wake up. 'Please, God, can I just wake up?'

"I know you're in there, baby. Open the door."

Silence.

"Baby, please. I'm so sorry I hurt you,"

Her head perked up. He was sorry? His tone was sweet and calm, but she knew that it was one of his tricks. His deep inviting voice was just like of a predator luring its prey.

"but you disobeyed me and broke several of my rules. I told you never to speak in public without my permission, and you did anyway, even if it was a slip-up. When that store clerked smirked at you, and you smiled back, I knew something was going on between you two behind my back, wasn't there? Now, if you don't open this door on the count of three, I will knock it down and what happens to you after that..." He didn't dare finish the rest of that sentence. Her eyes widened, and she sprung up and then darted to the window at the far side of the room.

"3..."

She gripped the window handle with all her force.

"2..."

'This can't be true.' She panicked. The girl trembled in fear as she heard the sound of the wooden door being slowly torn down. She felt her legs giving up, and her heart sank to the pits of her stomach.

"1..."

No matter how many times she pushed the glass, it just wouldn't budge. The window pane reflected a dark, tall figure standing right behind her.

"There you are. Found you."

—————

Finally decided to do a part 2 to the previous story. Anyways, thank you for reading and stay safe and healthy.