Chapter 17

"Hey! Don't shoot him!" Chunk shouted running over and stood in front of Sloth.

"Get out of here kid!" A cop said.

"Hey!" The rest of us shouted and stood in front of Sloth, protecting him.

"These are the bad guys!" Chunk shouted pointing at the Fratelli's and they were taken away.

"Come on Walsh, today's the day." Elgin said.

We all looked at the two jerks, our moods all dropped drastically.

"Come on, we've got 50 more houses to take down after yours" Troy said with a smirk.

Brand went to attack him, but we all held him back. I held his hand and gently ran my thumb over his knuckles.

"Sorry dad, our hands were on the future but we blew it to save our own lives we're sorry" Mikey said.

"It's alright, you and Brand are safe and home with me and your mother the makes us the richest people in Astoria" Irvin said and hugged his wife.

"Walsh... you're looking at the rich people in Astoria. Now sign it!" Elgin said turning around for a hard surface that Irvin could lean on.

What I didn't know was that the little pouch I put the jewels in had broken through my pockets and dropped on the ground for someone to find.

Rostita was speaking in Spanish, saying the same thing over and over again. We all looked over at her confused.

"What is that? What is she saying?" We asked Mouth.

"No pen... no firman.... no sign.... no sign!" Mouth said.

"No sign, don't sign!" We all shouted.

Chunk snatched the pen out of Irvin's hands and threw it to the ground.

I smiled and looked at the bag. It was mine, Rostita gave it to me and I tipped it into her hands and showed them all the gems and jewellery.

"Dad, we don't have to leave the Goon Docks! The Fratelli's forgot to make me tip the valuables out as they were to busy dealing with my feistiness" I explained.

"Irvin, don't sign! We can stay." My dad said to Irvin.

"There'll be no more signing today, or ever again!" Irvin shouted ripping the papers up and threw the in the air.

"Yay!" We all shouted and reporters began coming to us.

Data explained to them about the 'octopus' and I told them about walking the plank and.... the ship it was sailing out of the cave! We all sat on the rocks and watched it sail away. Brand pulled me into his chest and rested his arm on my shoulders. I smiled and rested my head on his chest.

We watched the ship sail away until we couldn't see it anymore, Brand stood up and held his hand out for me. I took it with a smile and we walked near Troy.

"This is for sending us off the road!" Brand said and punched Troy.

"And this is for being a jackass to my friends and family!" I shouted punching him too.

We walked off and I smiled Brand looked at me with eyes that said love.

"Sammy, do you want to go on a date on Friday?" He asked.

"I'd love too, Brand" he smiled and kissed me once more.

So that's the end of the story a kiss at sunset, very cliché but what the Goonies and I didn't know was that we were in for another surprise.