Chapter 9: Attack on the Sokovia Base

ابدأ من البداية

Black Widow threw a grenade and knocked out some Hydra soldiers in the thicket. "At long last is lasting a little more, boys."

Some of the enemies were shooting at Hawkeye, who hid behind a tree, and prepared to shoot. "Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise."

Iron Man started firing his repulser rays at the guards at the base. "Wait a second," Iron Man said, changing the subject. "No one is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language."

"I know," Cap rolled his eyes. He then threw his motorcycle at some soldiers that were driving a truck. "It just slipped out." he cringed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strucker swiftly climbed upstairs to the lab. "Who gave the order to attack," he demanded.

"Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers," a young Hydra soldier said, gesturing to the cameras which showed the infiltration. "They landed in the far woods. The perimeter guard panicked."

"They have to be after the scepter," Strucker said to List, and then turned to the Hydra soldier. "Can we hold them?"

"They're the Avengers," the soldier said hesitantly.

"Deploy the rest of the tanks."

"Yes, sir."

"Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks," Strucker continued to order and spoke to List again. "Everything we accomplished, but we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough."

"Then let's show them what we accomplished," List suggested. "Send out the twins and Jocelyn."

"It's too soon."

Pietro, Wanda, and Jocey looked at each other and then at the men.

"It's what they signed up for," List insisted.

"My men can hold them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hydra soldiers were starting to go out of the base and used their weapons to fire at the Sokovian civilians.

"Sir, the city is on fire," J.A.R.V.I.S informed.

Iron Man is flying near the Hydra base and was about to break in. "Well we know Strucker's not gonna worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion."

The Iron Legions flew to where the civilians are.

"This quadrant is unsafe. Please back away. We are here to help. This quadrant is unsafe. Please back away."

Most of the civilians started ranting at them.

"Please back away. We wish to avoid collateral damage. We will inform you when this current conflict is resolved. We are here to help."

The commotion started to get stronger as some yelled at the Avengers to go home and one man throwing a stone at an Iron Legion.

"We are here to help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~