𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕣

You saw Kageyama breathing deeply. You could tell he was nervous, but you had no idea what he was about to tell you.

"I- I l- li- like you y/n," Kageyama struggled to say those three words. You were about to say something but you got cut off by Kageyama being nervous.

"It's okay if you don't like me. I understand," Kageyama continues. He starts rambling on about why you wouldn't like him and you just wanted him to know that you felt the same way.

"Hey, Kageyama,"

"Yes?"

"I like you too." 

After you told Kageyama you liked him, both of your faces turned cherry red and of course Kageyama had to say something about how you look.

"Y/n, you look like a cherry!"

"You look like a tomato."

"I'm the cutest tomato you'd ever see haha!"

The waitress had finally brought your orders out to you both and you both thanked her and paid. Kageyama was sitting in front of you with a steamed pork bun, egg rolls, and a milkshake. 

"How much can this guy eat?" You murmured to yourself. 

"What was that y/n?" It seems that Kageyama heard you.

"Nothing." You lied and both laughed about it for a bit. While you two were eating, the conversation remained alive and active. You moved from sitting across from him to sitting next to him. His black, silky, smooth hair was so much nicer up close, along with his deep blue eyes that gave you a chill every time your e/c eyes would meet. 

Kageyama finally finishes his food and gives you the rest of his milkshake. You get up to get ready to leave the diner, looking at the waitress again, thanking them for their service. You and Kageyama both leave the diner. 

Once you're out of the diner, you felt like a new person. Kageyama had just confessed his feelings for you and you told him you felt the same way. Would this end up going any further than just a confession? Would it turn into a relationship? So many thoughts started crossing your mind but you instantly forgot about them when Kageyama started talking to you.

"Y/n," he said in a soft, calm voice, "can I hold your hand?"

This is it. You were so excited when he asked you. This marks the beginning of something new, something strong. With this one action, everything would change. 

"Yes," you replied, "you can."

His hand was warm and soft, almost like a teddy bear. It was much bigger than yours was but that wasn't a problem. He intertwined your fingers with his and he rubbed his thumb along your interlocked hands. You felt different. You didn't have to chase after him anymore. You didn't have to hide the fact that you liked him. You could show him all the love you had for him and not feel embarrassed. You wanted Kageyama to be yours, and now he was.

When you both reached your house, Kageyama let go of your hand and immediately put his arms around you. You've never seen this side of Kageyama before. Wanting attention, love, being kind, and loving towards someone. Kageyama broke the hug, thanked you for spending time after school with him and hugged you again. While he hugged you, he whispered in a very low, soft voice,

"You're my girlfriend. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."