"Hmm I see." My stepdad said, nudging my shoulder and raising his eyebrows, "This is about Kennedy."

I smiled to myself and began thinking of the love of my life. Him bringing her up made me start worrying about her all over again.

She would've called by now.

"C'mon J, Kennedy seems great but you're the Jalen Green, ESPN's Number 1 player on the country. Do you really want to give that up for some girl?" My stepdad asked me.

"She's not just some girl pops. She's different. You were there when mom said she fought for me in the hospital right? Ok, I don't know any other girl that would do that for me, other than Gabriella, but still." I said, getting frustrated.

"When I'm with Kennedy I don't feel like 5 star Jalen Green. I feel like Jalen, just Jalen. A normal 17 year old."

I heard Dejuane blow the horn from outside and I sighed in relief. I was honestly getting annoyed from this conversation because nobody seemed to understand where I'm coming from.

"I gotta go, love y'all." I said, rushing out of the house.

I limped out of the house and made my way to Dejuane's moms car and hopped in the back seat. Gabriella, Kamden, Daylin, and Devin were already in the car so I assumed we had to drop the twins and Kamden off at their school.

Gabriella decided to finish her sophomore year since it was almost over and then begin home schooling herself. She didn't care about what the kids at school were saying about her being pregnant.

"Hey y'all." I greeted and they all spoke back. "Have yall heard from Kennedy?" I asked Gabriella and Kamden.

"Actually no. I was gonna ask you. Last night her mom came home but neither one of them were there this morning." Gabriella said.

"Gabri had to wake me up and everything but usually Kennedy makes sure I'm ready." Kamden chimed in.

"This is weird. I haven't heard from her all morning and when I called her last night she didn't answer." I said, starting to get even more worried than before.

Dejuane was extremely silent. Like he didn't even cough or make not one of his dumbass noises.

He never told me if he had found out anything but something is telling me he did. I glanced back at Kamden and then back at Dejuane and they had the same exact facial expressions.

They even look alike...

Weird as hell...

I decided to relax my mind and take a quick nap before we go to school. I just hoped that Kennedy was already at school or something.

When we arrived it's like all the attention was on me and Gabriella. Gabriella has told me about how she had a lot of attention now over these past two weeks I've been out of school and I understood why but it's still rude to just stare.

"Hey peasantsssss. Y'all staring harder than last Friday. Y'all wanna see the bump?" Dejuane spoke loudly.

He was purposely causing a scene to make everyone feel bad for staring at Gabriella and I thought it was so funny how everyone instantly started looking away and actually minding their business.

"Bitches." She mumbled.

"They annoying as hell." He said, pulling a bag of hot Cheetos from out of his pocket. "Nigga where did you— I don't even care." I said, shaking my head.

"No sign of Kennedy." Gabriella said and I felt her glare on me. "I will punch you in the neck." I said, not looking at her. I heard her laugh and rolled my eyes.