Chapter 10

Amanda woke up with a gasp. Pain radiated through her, causing her to change position on the bed, but only to find it impossible by the IV restricting her from further movement.

"OW!" she whined, laying down in the bed, noticing that Raul fast asleep in a chair across the room.

As if she heard her cry, Raul jumped up and ran to her side. For a moment Amanda noticed that his hair was disheveled, and a small beard showed.

"You awake Cara Mia!" he said breathlessly, crushing her to him in such force that Amanda had to keep back a cry of pain. She loved having him near, and if it meant sustaining a bit of pain then so be it.

"What, how long have I been in the hospital?"

"A few days, Cara, please for your sake, and our child's, please rest. You both have been through so much!" he pleaded, leaning down, and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"the baby-"

"It is fine, some tests were done, you both are in good health. I thought I had lost both of you-" he cut off closing his eyes in anguish.

"We are ok, but for a moment when the gun was pointed at me, I thought that was the end-"

"No, my love! don't think like that!"

"Raul-"

" No.Let me talk," Raul said, putting his hand up. "I love you. I believe I always have. I didn't' want anyone to see the worst part of me that was damaged. When my father told me I had to marry, I freaked out. I don't do relationships, and just when I thought I was safe in my own little world, you came in and knocked all of my walls down. when I saw Josephine holding that gun, ready to shoot. I felt fear. Actual fear.Fear of losing you.I love you, Amanda. I have been a real fool, and I beg you to forgive me. Let me show you how much I love and care about you."

"I know baby, I know."

Love and admiration shined in both Raul's and Amanda's eyes. Fear was long gone, and only happiness Remained.

Josephine was taken to a mental facility, in Baraka, were lived out her days until her death a few years later.

Amanda gave birth to a Girl Samata. The girl had long dark black hair, and brown eyes, taking after her father.

Amanda and Raul had 3 children. Samata the eldest. and the heir of Zahara. Luscious, and Zaham.