Chapter 6

The next few weeks passed by pretty fast. Raul being away on business only made Amanda realize that she missed him all the more. But as the days passed by, Amanda started to feel nauseous. Sickness clouded her mornings, and she didn't know what to do. Running to the bathroom she ran the water and rinsed her mouth.

"My lord, Amanda all you alright?" Raul asked running behind her and holding her to him.

"Go away, you don't need to see me like this" She answered weakly, leaning her head against his chest for support.

"You're sick, I'm going to call a doctor, and you need to be in bed, I need you in good health not sick." He announced turning her into his arms and carrying her into their bedroom.

   Laying her down, he looked at her. Her face was flushed, and sweat covered her forehead, and from the look of it, she was barely awake.

   An hour later holding Amanda's hand, Raul looked at the doctor in shock. The news was shocking. Pregnant. Amanda was pregnant. Their child lay in her womb.

"Are you ok your highness? Do you need some water" the man asked looking at him with concern in his eyes.

"I am alright. I need to know that my fiancé will be the same"

"She will be just fine, just make sure no alcohol, and no smoking. I think you two will be just fine "The man announced leaving the room.

   Looking at the man in front of her, Amanda smiled. She couldn't have done it without Raul by her side. He was supportive and reassuring.

" Are you mad at me? I don't know what I will do if you're mad at me:"

He looked at her with hooded eyes.

"Cara mia, why would I be mad at you? You have given me a precious gift! We are going to have a baby. And I promise you, he or she will be loved beyond compare!" He announced pulling her against him for a tight hug.

 The weeks that followed made Amanda's head spin. Preparations for the wedding were underway, along with doctor's appointments, and morning sickness that just couldn't stop, and Amanda's family flying in that same weekend, and with so much going on she was glad that Raul was their every step of the way.

 Within a month of her pregnancy, she was on diet supplements, baby classes, and wedding gown fittings, which she feared she wouldn't fit for she knew that she was about to grow. She wasn't sure that she was ready to be a mother, but she knew that she would get through it. She had to. She had to be strong for her child, and herself.