Episode 36: Unworthy Friend

Start bij het begin

"Hold up, how did we get to this topic? Listen Jayel can wait matters of the heart can't and shouldn't. Go seek her out after lunch and let her know how you feel."

Vestin grabbed his head and shot Jensek a look. He then sighed heavily and just stood there. It was a mistake to have taken advantage of her the way he did at the pond. Even though she was willing it made him feel horrible afterwards because he knew it wouldn't change things between them.

"It's not as easy as that and I never wanted to pursue her as a lover anyway. That one time is enough for me. So just drop it."

Jensek balled his fist up and stared right through him. Why was he trying so hard to force them together? This could be a chance to see if they had any future. It could be possible, however small it may be; the fact was it was still there. He shook his head at the idea and took a deep breath.

"You sir are a hopeless fool. I'm off to the training grounds if you happen to find your balls you may find me there."

Vestin looked down at his pants then back up at Jensek.

"I have balls thank you."

Jensek threw his hands up and walked off.

"What is going on with him? That's twice he's hit me now. Why does he care if we end up together anyway? He doesn't even like Lo."

Watching Jensek storm off he saw Loraz walking towards him. His heart dropped to his stomach, and it churned violently.

She grabbed his arm as he went to turn and walk away from her. The look on her face gave away everything she had done.

"I was just looking for you. We need to talk, please."

Vestin looked away from her gaze and pulled his arm away from her.

"No explanation is needed; you made your choice."

Loraz bit her lip and held back the urge to cry. She knew it would be difficult to say what she wanted to tell him. The speech she memorized in her head played over and over.

"No, Vestin I don't think you understand."

Vestin turned around his eyes pleading with hers to just let the whole thing go and not talk about it.

"I think I understand completely when you have your face locked with one another and are about to strip each other naked. It's not hard to misunderstand something like that, Lo."

Loraz grabbed his hand again as she began to realize just how much she hurt him with her actions. She didn't regret what she had done, but she wasn't trying to hurt Vestin either.

"Vestin, please...hear my words before you judge me any further."

He paused and his shoulders slumped. A glutton for punishment he must have been because the sound of her voice and the touch of her hand began to make his heart flutter. Images of what they did at the pond flashed in his mind. He knew no matter what happened after what she said, the fact that she gave herself to Robert, too, would always haunt him, but to lose her altogether was not an option.

"Then speak and I will listen, but your word will not change anything. I will forever be your friend and nothing more."

Loraz grabbed at her chest. She had done something she couldn't undo a moment of weakness on her part. After she promised herself to wait until everything with her kingdom was over. Not just once but twice she let her guard down and let them both drown her in her emotions. While in the woods while resting she let Vestin take her in his arms, and they made love. She let her guard down around Robert and ended up in his bed. The part she couldn't stand was she didn't regret any of it.