Can't pretend

Mulai dari awal

He smirked cutely a little bit.

She twirled around taking her bag of the chair and left.

The day went on quite univentful in many ways. Damon went to find Liv, just for an update.

"You had a plan all along even before I made you do it!"Damon said.

"Well, I've learnt a bit about you and then when I returned- it was clear that you would not stop till you got Bonnie back"

"But, there is more, right?! There is always more when your family is concerned!" Damon then said.

Liv was quiet.

"You know I will find out sooner or later" Damon said.

"I want to break the merging process." she then said not disclosing the entire truth.

"But- let me guess-you haven't got all the ingrediants yet- so you locked him in the house"

"I need to find my grandmother's Grimoire-and so far I had no luck!" Liv said.

"Right. Are you sure he will not break out of the house?!" Damon asked.

"Very sure" Liv said confidently.

"You are one screwed family...but...I will help you... my gut tells me that you are the good one- I hope I don't get disappointed!"

Damon swished away after that, leaving the witch with her thoughts. Damon was right, and she knew it. She knew the history of her family and it was covered with a lot of blood, but at the same time a lot of light.

In town, as the three friends finished with their shopping spree as well as spending time as if darkness that followed them was just part of a nightmire that goes away with the break of dawn.

"I can't go back to college," Bonnie said," I am just not ready...not yet... it's all so...I don't know..."

"It's so soon, ha?" Elena said.

"I was nowhere... and six months have passed here...but to me it feels like it is at least six years..."- Bonnie said- "and... I just...need some time... for everything..."

Both Elena and Caroline were pensive for a moment. They understood, as they also felt like they were standing on a crossroad for quite some time.

"Whatever happens..."- Caroline then said- "we will always stay friends...no matter what?!"

"No matter what!"- Elena said an held her hand out. Both Bonnie and Caroline did the same.

The shook on it.

Not long after Caroline was called away by a fellow collegue needing her about some organizing input.

Bonnie and Elena chatted some more about where Bonnie was going to live.

"I guess we won't be going back to Mystic Falls for a while..."- Elena said.

"I had enough of Mystic Falls for a while...change is good...I kinda like it here...different shops...diner is really good..."

"Yeah...I feel the same actually..."- Elena said.

"So...the whole compelling thing...I mean... so you only remember the bad thing Damon has done?"- Bonnie asked.

"Pretty much... but...kinda also helped me put perspective on the whole thing... What did I see in him in the first place...whenever things didn't work out he...ha...why are we talking about Damon...don't start telling me that I need to look deep in my feelings..."

"I won't... it wasn't really good...you were fighting, making up, fighting... and you mostly complained about Damon this, Damon that..."

"Yes...Caroline said the same..."- Elena said- " I am happy now...and happy I really need..."

"Happy..."- Bonnie said and thought of the time in Mystic Falls of 1994, especially the last three months she had spent with Kai.

"Are you ok?..."

"Yes... "- and before she could say anything more her phone buzzed and she looked at the message. It was Damon.

"Need to talk asap!"-

"Have you seen Jeremy?"- Elena then asked.

"Ha?...No..."- Bonnie said- "not since the hospital..."

"I really don't know what's up with him... "- Elena said.

"Yeah... Need to talk to him..."- Bonnie said.

Elena's phone rang and it was Caroline.

"Ok... I'll see you there"- Elena said, hunging up on her, then she turned to Bonnie asking her if she was going back with her to the dorms.

"I want to go to that shop and buy those shoes...I will get them..."- Bonnie said and they parted.

Bonnie took a taxi and went to meet Damon at his new apartment.

As she walked in, he joked about the shopping bags and inquired a bit about how it went with Elena and Caroline and whether she had fun.

"Can we not?!"- Bonnie said- "what was so urgent?"

Damon now told her what he had found out talking to Liv.

"The Grimoire sure was not in Portland...Kai spoke about it. But apparently it got burnt!"

"I don't think so... Liv talked about it like it is very much in hard copy and not ashes!"- Damon said- "what is it... ?"- he saw that Bonnie was worried about something else.

"Hhuh...it's like everything is different... I... didn't tell Elena that I was going to meet you...and it's not that...just everything...huh..."-

"If I told you that I know how you feel...would you believe me?"- he looked at her seriously.

"What happened to us, Damon?!"- she then said.

"We were..."- he then stopped.

"Away..."- Bonnie said-"...but I don't want to pretend that all is back as it was..."

"No...I can't pretend...I don't want to!"- he said.

Both of them looked at one another not daring to voice out what they felt, what suddenly was so clear.

Bonnie then said breaking the silence- "Can I crash here tonight?!"

"Sure!"- Damon answered.