1

(A/N: This is currently in the process of rewriting. I wrote this about three years ago, and I am cringing at my writing style. So, I had decided to change it. A lot is going to be changed, like the flow of the story, the backstory, the characters, the events. And, I'm still not sure if I should post the sequel seeing as it has been a long time since I had promised it and well, sorry to disappoint. Now, on with the story.)

                               IF she could go back in time and change everything, would she? No. No, she won't. She could never. At the young age of fifteen, she had experienced things she never thought she would. She could still faintly recall the innocent joy and excitement she had felt, the optimism she had ought to carry for the rest of her life. But not everything stays the way it is. Things change. And so must she. It was an accident. She could never bring it upon herself to say it but in reality it was. Riley didn't think it through, you see. The euphoric effect of alcohol will bring that to a teenager. The consequences were life-changing, to say the least. Waking up in a r room with only a sheet covering your naked body, a warm arm wrapped around your waist. When she woke up with a killer headache and no memory about what had happened, being in that situation panicked her. She had quickly looked for clothes, not having any time to see who the unknown man was. Because all that was running through her head was questions, scolding herself, and what ifs. It was her first time. She was fifteen. She knew drinking had some side effects, she did not think her first time drinking would have a big mess. As she was scurrying through the room, she heard a rustle of sheets behind her. She was already half dressed, but she stopped as the man spoke.

"Riley?"

She knew that voice. It was the very same voice that made butterflies flutter in her stomach, that voice was the one that made her middle school life exciting. But it was also, the voice of the man she lost her virginity to.

"Lucas, uhm. What happened last night--" she stuttered, her heart was pounding rapidly in her chest like it was about to implode, "We were drunk, we weren't in our right minds and it was a mistake. I'm sorry. It should not have happened in the first place, God it's like I took advantage of you last night and--"

"Stop. You did not take advantage on me, actually I think I did." He interrupted, "You're right, it was a mistake. We're too young, and I think it's best if pretended it never happened" She nodded in agreement. And that was the last time they ever talked about that night.

                             Later on, it had been about a few weeks since the incident. Both had continued with their daily lives, having major crushes on each other and learning life lessons from Riley's father. Things had gotten back to normal for the two. Riley had begun to feel sick, she had been throwing up every morning now. At first, she had thought she had eaten something bad, but that wasn't the case. Walking through the pharmacy to buy some medicine, she had passed through a pregnancy section. The box caught her eye and made her wonder. She had not gotten her period yet, which was weird since she had been due for her cycle for quite a while now. Shaking her head, she ignored it and continued. As she was in the bathroom, she had found the same box. It has been days since she drank the medicine, but she was still feeling nauseous. Riley took it.

And there it was. The two pink parallel lines. She was pregnant. At the age of fifteen.

She gripped on the counter sink, her other hand covering her mouth as she stared at the stick on the counter. Tears trickled down her cheeks down to the floor. How could she be stupid? She was only in middle school and she was having a kid. Riley clutched her womb, that was still small since she was not showing yet, a life was growing inside of her. She should be happy, right? Every mother would be jumping for joy right about now. But she wasn't. She was in despair.

How the hell was she going to tell her family? Her mom? Her dad? How was she going to tell Lucas he's about to be a father? Her head started to ache as the stress had overwhelmed her. A thought came to her head, what if she loses it?

The thought of it made her sick, killing a baby was cruel and heartless. She would never do that. But she wasn't ready. Conflicts ran through her mind to the point where she needed to lay down. She took the stick and hurriedly ran to her room and locked the door. She hid the test and laid down on her bed and just stared at the ceiling.

She was alone on this one.