Chapter 15 - Seriously, I Tried

En başından başla

He looked at me as if imagining what I look like with green hair. 

"Hmm... you'd look great. But I still dig your brown hair."

"Eh, I'll go with green."

Our conversation went away from the topic about my hair and went on and on with different topics. Little by little I could feel my eyes dropping. 

"You can go to sleep," Alec said as he pulled my head to his shoulder. 

"Nah," I said, pulling away. 

But I was unsuccessful. Alec pulled me back and placed my head on his shoulder. 

"You still got 3 hours before we head back."

Slowly, I allowed myself to sleep. My eyes dropped as I felt the sun hit my skin. I was barely conscious when I felt something soft and chapped on my lips. I didn't know if that was just a dream or that was a reality, but I was just too damn sleepy to care. 

<><><><><>

"Tori, wake up."

I groaned and hugged my body tighter. Something felt awkwardly wet and cold. 

"Tori, wake the hell up!" he repeated, louder this time. 

"Go away, Alec," I hissed. 

"Dummy, it's raining!"

I jerked up from where I was and opened my eyes in an instant. 

"Ah hell."

Alec was beside me as we ran to the door. He yanked the knob to open but the door didn't budge open. 

"Shit," he muttered under his breath.

My hand was covering my eyes from the heavy assault of the rain.

"What is it? Open the goddamn door!" I yelled through the rain.

Alec pulled harder but nothing happened. Of course, it was locked.

"Did you lock this?" he hissed at me with his hand covering his eyes from the rain.

"No!" I yelled back.

I placed my hand on the knob and pulled harder, again, nothing happened. Alec kicked the door and stepped away.

"Come on, let's get out of the rain," he said.

I laughed humorlessly that I didn't even bother to mask my annoyance.

"And how do you think we'll do that?" I snapped sarcastically.

"Just shut up and follow me."

I huffed but followed him anyway. He stopped at the edge of the rails. His hands were placed on side of the roof as he pushed his body up.

"Oh my gosh! Don't freaking kill yourself!" I screamed, panicking.

Alec rolled his eyes at me and held out his hand. He looked so good... the way his hair was wet and was sticking on his face made him look like a fallen angel. His black shirt clung into him making it outline his toned body. 

"Get up!"

I brought my hands to the air and stepped away from the edge.

"My life does suck, but I will not kill myself. And you shouldn't. Come on, Alec. Get down-"

"Shut up, Tori! I'm not going to kill myself, dummy. Are you still afraid of heights?" he said with a light chuckled. 

I gulped. Heights and I certainly didn't go together.