26

Midas wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. "Don't cry, dear." He said as he rubbed her sides.

Y/N just shrugged a bit, looking up at him. "Maybe I'm wrong though.."

"Maybe, but there's another way ok? It's been a while since we had the idea of trying team rumble or something you respawn in. We can try that first ok?" Midas said as he tried calming her down.

Meowscles walked over and mewed out a bit. "What's wrong over here? Everyone is sad." He said as he crouched down to be level with the other two.

Midas looked at Meowscles and sighed, "discussing the whole issue got her upset... there may be a way to get her home but it's.. risky. And it's just... upsetting in a way to her." He said.

Meowscles nodded and he looked behind him before looking back at them. "Well I don't know what the whole idea of that is but we were just talking about te-."

"Team rumble, yeah yeah." Midas said before getting up, pulling y/n up with him.

"I wish there was a way she could stay without having to worry too much. At least until we get her home... that's another problem. How will he know for sure that she is home?" Meowscles said.

"What if you c-can join my game..?" Y/N asked as she pulled away from Midas and just rubbed her eyes. "Like.. my party..."

Midas just nodded a bit, "we can figure that out when the time comes ok? I'll do what I can to make sure you're there, and if I can't I'll hope for the best." He said before standing up.

Y/N stood up as well, calming down and holding onto Midas's arm tightly. They all walked over back to the others who gave them a look when they noticed them.

"Y/N is going to try to join a match that she can respawn in. She will do it now so we can do whatever we can do ensure she is safe since we will not be in a match ourselves." Midas explained.

Y/N looked up at him, "what- n-now?"

Midas looked at her and hummed, "please?"

She just let out a sigh and looked down, "ok.." she said. She wasn't sure if she was upset because she had to risk dying or if she had to risk never seeing Midas again.

Skye got up and walked to y/n. "If this works I just wanted to say bye... just in case." He said and hugged her.

Y/N hugged back and smiled a little, then she caught Midas looking at her with a sad smile. It was like she was having mini flashbacks to when she went through the vault.

Y/N walked over to Midas and held his hand before waving to the others. They went into the lobby and figured out how to change the game mode, to which they of course changed it to team rumble, the game mode they've all agreed on plenty of times. They believed it was the least risky.

They watched as a count down started to find her a match to join. Once it found a match Midas walked over to her, holding her hips.

"I love you.." he said and kissed her.

She kissed back and went to whisper a response but she was put into the match before she could say a word.

Midas watched and he just stood still. After a minute he walked back to where everyone else was at, getting looks.

"All we do now is wait.."

——

I'm starting to try and get chapters done but this online school starting again is real stressful and annoying. Also my mom walked in while I was showering just to tell me Midas has a thigh gap-

Edit: THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR 15k READS I LOVE YALL SM 💖💖