𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

THE END OF AN ERA

THE END OF AN ERA

THREE YEARS HAD gone by incredibly quick. you had only seen laurie when he was on holiday, but this was the first time you would in truth see him for more than a few days. you had grown older and more mature. you were filling out in places where you had been lacking, your features had grown more defined and you had become all the more alluring. after spending those years in london and being forced to go to many events with your aunt, you became proper and strict. perhaps laurie was right, you were meant to grow up. but this wedding, and being around all of your childhood friends brought back your playfulness, even if it was only for the afternoon.

essentially, you had gotten the letter to mr. brooke and meg's wedding (not to say you didn't assume they would be getting married soon) and you left london to attend the wedding. aunt alice assured you she would collect you that time, so you needn't worry. she had grown quite fond of you. perhaps she missed having someone.

you wore a light blue quarter sleeved dress which was extremely fitting for the warm, autumn weather. it was snug around your waist fashioned with fabric accentuated with a puffy blue flower of sorts. the dress was paired with a white chiffon skirt, and opened below the waist like a sort of waistcoat.

you stayed at the laurence house a few days before the wedding—laurie hadn't returned from school yet, but would be on time for the wedding—and wanted to help get everything ready for the big day.

outside, you, amy, and beth helped set up the decorations, placing flowers within the fences. meg wanted an outdoor garden wedding, one that was quaint and quite without many people around.

"what excessive promises...giving yourself away, to get the other." meg's father said, officiating the ceremony. you stood next to beth, hand in hand, your other carry a bouquet of flowers. a crown of flowers lay on your hair. flitting your eyes to the side, you noticed jo's hand was held in his, inside his coat pocket. so this was it. she had come to her senses, and loved laurie the way you loved him, so she could make him happy. he would be truly happy, for the first time in a long while.

"what gift." mr. march continued. "always given before is known, the cost or the reward." meg looked ethereal, her dress was simple but stunning and she was giggling with glee. "i pronounce you man and wife. you may kiss the bride." they joined in sweet union, and you clapped loudly for your dear friend.

meg hugged you first, telling you how pleased she was that you had taken time from your trip to be present for the wedding.

"you seriously didn't think i would come? is it everyday your friend marries your tutor?" you laughed. she smiled, tears-eyed and thanked you, going over to embrace her sisters.