𝗈𝗇𝖾

CAPTURED HEART

CAPTURED HEART

you and laurie were attending a new years party for your dear friend sally gardiner. now at sixteen and laurie seventeen, you and laurie were expected to act as if you were adults. meaning you were forced to dress nicely and become acquainted with everyone at the party.

you were put into a dress (more or less forced) by the maid, marge. although you didn't like fancy dresses very much, the rich fabric was soft and smooth. the color of the dress was as light of a blue as the morning sky. the beautiful silk tresses were laced in white and bunched towards the bottom of the dress. the skirt was medium sized, long enough to cover your feet but short enough to prevent tripping.

mr. laurence always gave you the best and he always told you that you reminded him of his daughter. you felt bad for the grieving old man and you were eternally grateful for his hospitality.

it was the first time since you were young that you had put on a dress like this. your aunt always forced you to wear frilly dresses, making you enjoy fanciness very little. you wore comfortable, practical dresses that allowed you to move around freely.

laurie had never seen you in a dress like that before. he couldn't deny that you looked prepossessing, with your hair done up elaborately and azure dress. and when you approached him, he was at a loss for words.

"you look..." he trailed off, unsure what to say.

"you too teddy," you smiled as you looked down. he looked quite handsome and he had such an air to him that made him look as if he was a british royal. though you couldn't deny his attractiveness, you continued to see him as a best friend. you tightened the shawl around you before getting into the carriage.

on the way, you joked around with laurie, telling him firmly that you didn't want to dance and you feared that sally would make you.

"i'll make sure she won't. we'll even leave early, if she does." laurie grinned.

"teddy, you're the best. what would i do without you?" you sighed.

"probably roll over and die." he laughed and looped your arm with his.

"oh, sally. this party is gorgeous!" you praised. even though they weren't much your scene, you had to give her credit.

"thank you, [ y/n ]. it's really nothing," she brushed off. but you could tell she was pleased.

"meg!" she called suddenly. turning your head, you saw a girl in a pretty violet dress and another wearing a red dress with equally scarlet hair. the brunette approached you while the redhead hung back and retreated into the backroom that you had left laurie in.