Chapter 38 : Changed Life?

Depuis le début

"You can call me Amma. Or ma. Anything you like"kumari said. Srishti gulped hard from her throat. She didn't knew if she even had a right. To call her that. Sensing her uneasiness. Kumari held her hand and squeezed it.

"It's okay if it's not comfortable for you. But now you're my daughter and nothings ever gonna change that"kumari said.

Srishti sighed and nodded her head. Wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"Do you wanna say something Srishti?"Kumari asked. Sensing Srishtis hesitation. Srishti realised. Why she actually came to talk to her.

"Yes actually....I really wish to go back to....college. I have already missed so many classes. My final exams are also in two months. I have to prepare for that. So.....can I go?"srishti asked.

"For this silly thing you hesitated this much huh? Sure you can go and you don't need my permission for anything srishti. I thought you needed time and that's why you were skipping classes. I wanted you to get back to college as well. Don't worry I'll arrange the guards for you. You can go from tomorrow"kumari said making srishti smile wide. But then it quickly vanished.

"But......guards?"she asked.

"It's for your safety"kumari smiled. Srishti nodded and didn't ask anything else. She was relieved that she won't be missing her classes anymore. And this is her only chance to meet Arjun. And sort things out with him. Ever since the day she got married. Srishti had been trying hard to reach out to Arjun. She called him. And texted him so many times. But he kept ignoring her. May be if she meets him. In person. He'll forget everything and be her friend again.

The next day. Srishti was excited to leave for her college. She wore a simple pink kurta. With dupatta. After drying her hairs. She quickly got ready.

While she was brushing her hairs. She felt her dupatta being pulled. She looked down and saw Rishika standing besides her. With a pout. Srishti smiled and kneeled upto her.

"Hi princess. What happened?"srishti asked holding her hand.

"Why are you leaving for college? Now when we come home from school. You're not gonna be here right. Who will I play with?"Rishika asked sadly. Srishti smiled at her. After her marriage. She stayed with the kids in their room. And didn't even step inside jais room for once. The kids loved having Srishti around. Kumari had asked srishti to shift to another room. To make her comfortable. But srishti told her that she didn't mind. To be with the kids.

"Arey. I'll be coming home soon na. Don't worry. Let's make a deal"srishti said making Rishika narrow her eyes.

"What deal?"

"When you come back from school. You should freshen up first and quickly finish your homeworks. So that when I come back. We can play till night. Together. Okay?"srishti asked.

"Really till night?"Rishika asked making srishti. Smile and nod.

"Yes"

"Yay okay. I miss Babbai. He used to play with us till late night"rishika said. Srishtis smile vanished. She was reminded about Jai. Even though she doesn't allow herself to think about him. She knew everyone in this family missed him so much. She felt heavy. Thinking again. That he left because of her.

"Srishti?"Kumari walked in. Making srishti startle. She got up in her feets.

"Are you ready yet?"she asked. Making srishti nod.