Chapter Four

(Y/n) hadn't believed Ryo when he told them that he was willing to take them outside for once. Sure, they were often out on the deck when they needed fresh air, but getting to walk around and see other human beings? That was something new, something exciting. Despite being excited, (Y/n) slept soundly, knowing they were going outside the next day had assured them. Now that it was time, (Y/n) wondered if they were going to see Miki. She must have been worried, right? They knew that Miki was most likely grilling Akira about where (Y/n) had gone. It was comforting to think about, (Y/n) realized. Seeing Miki again was something they were looking forward to.

Of course, Akira was coming, too.

He seemed kind of anxious, though. Sweat was built upon his brow, his dark irises were narrowed as he stuck next to (Y/n) while they walked out of Ryo's apartment building. They looked up at their long time friend, having to do so because along with his horrifying growth spurt had come with Akira becoming abnormally tall. Akira shrugged his shoulders, his irises locking with (Y/n)'s.

They were short.

"I didn't think he was serious, that's all," Akira muttered, looking around almost as though he were looking out for a UFO or something like that. Nervous was the only way to describe Akira, and that worried (Y/n) just a bit. Akira, admittedly, had always been a little jumpy ever since they had forced (Y/n) to stay in Ryo's apartment. They understood why, or at least, they thought they did. Akira most likely felt guilty about leaving them all alone with Ryo and Jenny every day. It made sense, (Y/n) thought, but they couldn't read Akira as well as they used to be able to.

Fudo Akira had been like an open book before his abnormal change. It had once bothered (Y/n), he was so open to bullying being like that. However, they much preferred old Akira over the new Akira. His personality had changed, though it was subtle. He had a huge possessive streak, whether it be with his food or not. He was a good friend, though, and he always had been. That was why they were so worried about him, though. Despite being about three feet taller than (Y/n), Akira still held that childish aura. It was weird when (Y/n) thought about it.

"Where is he anyway," (Y/n) started, looking around, paying no mind to the firm hand that was wrapped around her arm. "shouldn't he be here by now? Why can't we leave without Ryo? He's not my father."

Akira shrugged his shoulders but (Y/n) supposed that he knew more than he was letting on.

Stupid boys with their stupid secrets.

Looking up from his phone, Akira started walking.

"Ryo text me and asked for us to meet him somewhere. Do you want to stop anywhere in particular first?"

He already knew, of course.

___

"You still live with the Makimura's, right? How are they doing?"(Y/n) questions as they both walk down the road towards the Makimura residence. Akira laughed a little, his dark eyebrows knitting together. (Y/n), after being asked where they wanted to go before meeting up with Ryo, of course, they said wanted to go visit Miki. Once they met up with Ryo they won't be able to do so, both Akira and (Y/n) knew this. For whatever reason, Ryo didn't seem to like Miki all that well. Though... he didn't seem to like ninety-percent of people so that wasn't exactly surprising.

"Yeah, and before you ask, Miki's been beating me up. She was mad because I wouldn't tell her where you were. Hey! It's not funny, (Y/n)!"