Chapter One

Being one of Akira's best friends, (Y/n) had met Asuka Ryo when they were young children. He had been an odd child, but (Y/n) had always been a naive girl, that was just the way she was. Maybe that too came with being friends with Akira, she wouldn't know, she didn't pay much mind to it.

Always admiring from a distance, (Y/n) often sat on the bleachers to watch the overly-emotional teen boy run with Miki and the rest of the members. She wasn't in the club, she just liked watching over Akira to make sure that no one messed with him. Akira was an easy target, over the years that had become obvious to both Miki and (Y/n). She watched over him because he was so sensitive if his habit of crying was anything to go by. She was his best friend all the same, though. That's how it's been ever since they were little kids, even before Ryo had to leave.

'He's been on my mind a lot lately, I wonder why?' (Y/n) thinks, watching as Miki runs past all the other runners, she was amazing. Asuka Ryo, the unusual kid that they were friends with when they were children. If there was one thing she remembered about Ryo, it was his eyes. She never had a crush on him or anything, but Ryo had beautiful eyes. Maybe he was coming back? That was the feeling that (Y/n) got as she got up to greet Akira.

Sweet, darling Akira.

She hoped that he'd never change.

___

"Would you like to come over for dinner? Mom and Dad wouldn't mind having you over! They feel really bad that you live alone, you know." Miki says, smiling over at the quiet girl walking next to Akira. Everyone always said that, but they never really meant it. Amai (Y/n) had gotten emancipated at the age of fifteen and she had been living alone ever since. It had been a classic case of her mother being too unstable and immature, doped up on drugs, and house hopping, to take care of her daughter. It was sad, to an extent, but that was what happened when you decided to have children at such a young age.

"I don't know, I wouldn't want to intrude..." (Y/n) mutters, smiling softly. The Makimura's were sweet people, faithful people, and when they said that they worried about her, they meant it. That's why (Y/n) liked Miki so much. It was a rare occurrence, and it even surprised Akira. (Y/n) didn't like other people, they were arrogant and annoying. However, she did like Miki.

"How many times do we have to tell you," Akira starts, grabbing (Y/n)'s shoulders and pushing her forwards gently. He was a weak kid, but (Y/n) was small and stature so she stumbled forward. "you're never a bother to us, never! You should come over for dinner tonight!"

(Y/n) smiles at him, her expression soft.

That meant that she was coming over.

___

She had been right, Ryo did come back. With a machine gun, that is.

Akira had been trying to protect Miki from some weirdos, and of course (Y/n) had been with him. Akira's heart of gold sometimes got him into unnecessary trouble, she knew that well. Too well, almost. That's when Ryo had shown up, shot up the dock, and had stuffed the two of them into his car. (Y/n) had been stuck in the backseat, something she didn't appreciate much.

"Are you even old enough to drive?" (Y/n) mutters, looking over at the blonde driving the car. Ryo huffs, continuing with his conversation that he was having with Akira. That was when they stopped at a large building. Ryo turns to (Y/n), looking at her intensely. She hadn't been listening to their conversation, too busy trying to dry off her books, however, she wasn't exactly happy when Ryo dragged her out fo the car.