Chapter 10 - Separate Ways

Season 1

Season 1

Chapter 10 - Separate Ways

     Leaving the cabin of those bothersome adults. Keon was now in a corridor that led to multiple ways or rooms, she plans to go the central hall after all. Though as she was walking. where there was no one but her, she heard another pair of footsteps from behind that made her stop her tracks.

There was someone? But the footsteps also stopped.

C'mon are you kidding me? It was silent alright, adding to that eerie atmosphere.

She was positive her instinct was telling her that the person was behind her. Probably some feet away, but the person was STILL BEHIND HER. I swear don't make me do martial arts in thin air.

She huffed, she wasn't afraid or anything, just anxious. She prepared her arms in case of an attack, "I know you're following me." as she slowly turned around.

She was surprised as she was met by a cloaked person who's face was hidden by the shadow of the hood. And the person was just standing there, not moving an inch. "Uhh... Why are you following me? Please answer before I lose my cool." She stared real hard. Her arms still ready for defense.

The cloaked person then started walking towards her, the distance between them being less and less. She stayed still, looking if there would be an incoming attack, but there wasn't. The person didn't invade her personal space and stopped 2 feet away from her.

She was taken aback by the action as she also though it was weird. Really weird. Who is this dude?

The person then kneels down and took off its hood, revealing a male with messy, short spiky hair, his head lowered down as if bowing, "I'm sorry for following you miss, but I was sent to watch over you."

Her eye twitched in hearing him, she wasn't convinced, "Wha...? Watch over? Just who are you?" Yeah right, I'm not easy to fool with.

"My name is Zhao."

Hmm. He seems to answer eagerly. Keon squinted her eyes, "And who sent you making me look like a toddler that needs to be looked after?" To put it bluntly, she's putting her walls against him. She's not going to trust him anytime soon. "Oh and please stand up and look at me directly. Someone might see us and have a weird idea on what's going on. I need to be sure you aren't lying."

And as ordered, Zhao stood. His facial expression unchanging, keeping his blank look, but he was looking at her. Her senses are sharp... "I was sent here by Mr. Nogi. He told me to keep an eye out for you in this tournament."

Well this was the favor when he'll be sent to Japan, it was to look after his mentor's daughter and for another reason.

He remembers that he should not reveal to Keon that it was his mentor that sent him. It's true that he was introduced to Nogi by Ginnojou, so he knew his mentor's longtime friend. And it was part of the plan to disguise himself that he works for Nogi.