Ch. 26 - Elena♡

Börja om från början

I wished I had had the guts to do it.

I know that I was pretty messed up yesterday, and she probably knew that too. I wish I had done it right, asked her to be my girlfriend.

But I still don't have the guts to do it.

But I love her, and I wish that she could be mine forever.

All I see, wherever I go, are her beautiful, hazel eyes, rimmed with just the perfect amount of black eyeliner, with the jet-black bangs falling over one eye.

She was perfect.

An when I was with her,

my life was perfect.

•Elise's POV•

"Elise!"

That was my mom. I knew it. It came from around the hospital room door.

I shuffled over to it and found my mom in a rush.

"Gerard and Mikey's parents are here. They will be coming in any moment now, so try to wake up the boys," she said as she rushed back down the hallway and back out into the lobby.

This was news. I hadn't seen their parents before, and they haven't seen them for a while, themselves.

I went over to Mikey's bed and shook him lightly on the shoulders. He started to open his eyes.

No time to waste.

I went over to Gerard's bed and kissed him lightly on the head- which I knew was risky since his parents were supposed to be walking in at any minute.

He started to move slightly just as the people I assumed to be his parents, walked in.

His parents were a little older looking, his mom especially. She had almost snow-white, curly hair ( like a poodle who just stepped out of the bath- correction, just shook its fur after a bath) and her face looked like she had had some face jobs or something. I don't know, I didn't want to get nosy.

"Gerard! Mikey! My babies! Are you okay?" Mrs. Way started to hobble over to her youngest son to give him a hug, as Mr. Way sat next to Gerard.

I sat in a corner. As cute as it was, it was kinda awkward.

"You must be Elise. Nice to meet you. I'm Mikey and Gerard's father, and that's their mother," he said, pointing to the white ball of fuzz. "Thank you so much for watching after our boys".

I modded and smiled. Mrs. Way stayed quiet the whole time.

Not the talkative type I guess. Or the most grateful.

We sat for a while as the boys regained energy to tell their parents about their stay with us so far. (they left out the crappy parts, thank goodness) I even chimed in once in a while.

Again, after a moment of sitting around, the Way father broke the silence.

"Um... I don't know how to put this... but I have some bad news," he was saying this to his boys.

Oh no. Not more bad news. These kids lives were messed up enough at the moment. They didn't need anything else to happen to them.

"I'm afraid to say, that Grandma Elana is very sick at the moment."

Both the boys' faces dropped at the sound of this. Gerard had always told me about how much he loved his grandma.

"She seems to not be getting better, and your mother and I are going to have to leave for New Jersey to go see her. We're actually getting in the plane in about an hour, I'm afraid. Which means... we have to leave now. Your mother and I missed you so very much, but this is very important, and we have to go help now. We've already talked to Elise's mom, and she will be taking good care of you just for a little while longer. We promise that Grandma will be better by the time we get back."

I knew that that was a hard promise to keep. Almost impossible.

I watched as both Mr. and Mrs. Way made their rounds of kisses with their boys and headed for the door.

This was all some much news at once.

"I love you," Mikey croaked.

"Me too," Gerard whispered.

Then they were gone.

I could see it in Gerard's eyes. I knew he wanted to loose it, but he was staying strong. But I knew better.

But I definitely knew that Mikey was going to break down, so I sat on his bed next to him.

His face found my chest, and I let him cry it all out.

He needed it.