Chapter 3-Rachel Gets To NYC

Rachel Berry had landed in New York City, her body was thrumming with excitement to finally be in the city that held all her dreams. With all New York had offered Rachel couldn't wait to take advantage of it all.

As Rachel NYADA campus, she was filled with hope and joy. She was finally where she felt she belonged she entered Roberts Hall and looked for the dorm room she had been assigned to for the summer. She finally found room 216 she took a deep breath and twisted the doorknob. As Rachel was about to step into the room, she was nearly knocked by a body colliding with hers.

"Oh, I'm so sorry are you okay?" Rachel was stunned but recovered quickly.

"I'm fine I was just surprised is all."

"Again, I'm so sorry I'm Samantha Corcoran. Come on in"

Rachel enters the dorm room she will be sharing with this girl this summer. The name this girl had said registered with Rachel's brain and she stepped back and gave this Samantha girl a closer inspection it was like she was Rachel's twin but had blonde hair versus Rachel's chestnut to darker locks. Once Rachel got over the internal shock, she spoke.

"This is uncanny."

Samantha comes out of her shock as well at how much this stranger looks like her minus the hair color so she back away from Rachel as well.

"It's like we could be twins."

"How can this be happening this is crazy."

"You're telling me. How is this possible?"

"She has a lot of explaining to do that is for sure."

Samantha finally caught up to what Rachel was talking about, "Hold on Rachel explain to me what you think is going on?"

"Samantha, she told me we should admire each other from afar."

The look on Samantha's face when she realizes who Rachel was referring to you could have knocked her over and she would not have realized it.

"You mean my mother Shelby Corcoran I guess I mean our mother."

"Yes, of course, Shelby never wanted a relationship with me at all and she neglected to tell me I had a twin sister not to mention our fathers."

Samantha gave Rachel a sympathetic look. "I know for a fact that mom always felt that half her heart was missing because you were not with us and she had always wanted to find you and have a relationship with you."

"But I came to her my sophomore year and she rejected me."

"Rachel, she felt horrible about that but she knew that if she perused a relationship with you before our 18th birthday that she would have broken the contract she had with our father which is why she pushed you away. Just so you know the day you tracked her down at Carmel she came home and was a mess and she told me everything. At that point, I had no clue I even had a twin sister."

"Then, how did she keep you? why didn't our fathers raise us together?"

"The way it was explained to me by mom was that they knew about me, but they never wanted twins, so they raised you and agreed to give me to Shelby to raise."

"So, she chose you over me great just great and our fathers chose for me to never let me have my identical twin in my life."

"Rachel, trust me I wish we had known each other."

At that moment Rachel was so angry with the whole situation.

"No, Samantha do not take their sides right now we should have been able to be sisters and not strangers just now meeting, and I deserved to have our mother in my life this whole time."

With that Rachel did a perfect diva storm out leaves the room without another word.

Samantha watches as her sister storms out of the room, she doesn't blame her at all finding out that you have a sister but not just a sister but a twin sister you knew nothing about is pretty life-changing. She decided to let Rachel cool down before she broached talking to her again. Samantha decides to focus on unpacking her side of the dorm room and when she finished, she sat down on her bed hoping that she would be able to get to know Rachel because she missed her all her life.

Meanwhile, Rachel was reeling from the revelation not only had Shelby rejected her all the while she had Rachel's carbon copy at home. Then there were her fathers they knew her whole life that there was a twin sister for her out there somewhere and had never told her. They had to have known when Shelby moved back to Ohio from New York and Samantha came with her and they still never told her. She was just so angry at every parent in her life they had all screwed up everything in her life for their secrets. No one considered her or Samantha in everything.

On the other hand, Rachel had a long-lost sister as a roommate, and she had a chance to finally know her twin sister. She would deal with Shelby and their fathers later. Right now, she was going to focus on enjoying New York and getting to know Samantha.

After a few deep breaths and some pacing, Rachel headed back to the dorms to deal with the curveball life had sent her. She just hoped there were no other life-altering surprises this summer.