Chapter 7

I felt a hot white light stream my face, as I slowly regained consciousness. I opened my eyes and tilted to the left, but turned back as crippling pain gripped my stomach. "Anna, can you he's me". I turned only my head toward the voice to see, to see a shinning cascade of blond hair. "Where am I, I blurted feeling instantly nervous under his beautiful scrutiny. "Your wings are amazing the intricate beauty of them". I almost responded with thanks before my mind registered what he said. "My wings, humans are not supposed to be able to see them-", "well thank god I'm not human". I reeled back in shock causing that same pain, as I slid back across the small medical bed I was on. "Don't worry I not a demon either, I don't have wings". "Well then what are you" I whispered, caution coating my words. "I'm a nephalim". I could hear the bitterness in his voice as if he wanted to be as far  away from himself as possible. "Wow, I've never once seen a nephalim before". "You know, for being an angel you seem extremely new to  this stuff". I gave him a long look before I responded, "Its been a while". "So where am I", I continued despite the way his mouth moved as if he planed on continuing to talk. "Well I found you lying in a pool of blood near a warehouse, and I could see your wings, so I knew you were an angel". "Then, I brought you here". I laid back down on the bed, pulling my wings back in toward my self. Whenever an angel retracts their wings while on earth it creates a black tattoo on our backs that last for as long as we keep them retracted but that then disappear once we release them again. "Well if I didn't thank you before, I thank you now but I have somewhere to go". I swung my knees over the bed and instantly meet darkness as my body gave out and I went crashing to the floor the nephalim catching me as it all went dark.