Untitled Part 6

MANG Vien." Ulit ni Sixta Perales sa anak. "That's how you call him?" Nailing siya.

"I don't care who he was." Sabi ni Paco. "I want to know what this is doing in Carlito's things." May hawak itong maliit na pitaka. Kilala niya iyon. Itinapon na niya iyon kasama ang bag kung saan iyon naroroon.

Did she? Really? Paano bumalik? Oh, those were extremely stressful times, a lot of things on her mind, baka hindi niya nai-zipper nangh mabuti ang bag and the stupid wallet fell out.

"How the hell would I know?" She said nonchalantly.

"The check you issued is here, dated the day before he died. A hit and run, Mama. You sold our car two days later. I remember that because, why would you even sell it? Biglaan?"

"It was huge, it was old, it was ugly. May buyer naman, so why not?" Nagsindi ng sigarilyo si Sixta, "What are you implying? That I had something to do with Vien's death?"

"Paano mapupunta sa 'tin ang wallet n'ya? Nahulog? Naiwan? C'mon, Ma." Gigil na si Paco.

"Why, was that so impossible?" Bumuga si Sixta ng usok, "Baka nga nahulog. Happens all the time."

"I don't think so, Ma. Itong liit na 'to, mahuhulog nang ganun na lang?"

"Ano ba pinoproblema mo?" Asik na si Sixta. "He's dead. Your brother's dead. Everyone is dead, Paco! So shut up!"

"No, Ma! I will not shut up! I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, because you know why?" He wagged the wallet in her face, "Because whatever you did, someone knows about it. Carlitos died way before Mang Vien, paano mapupunta sa gamit n'ya ang wallet na 'to? Someone put it there to let us know that they know."

"Kung totoo 'yan, why don't you just ask your crazy wife?"

"I will. I want to hear what you have to say first. I want to know. For you."

Pinisil ni Sixta ang pisngi ni Paco, "All you need to know is that I'm your mother and I will protect you until my last breath. Gumuho man ang langit, I will protect you."