13 (thanks for 4k reads!!)

Monday morning

Like any other school morning, Taka followed his normal routine. Wake up, think about y/n, eat a small breakfast, think about y/n, get dressed, think about.. y/n...

Ok, this definitely was not a normal school morning. Taka was about to burst with excitement, as today was the day he would confess to y/n. He had texted with Leon about it, and they planned the perfect confession. But he was worried. Not about putting the plan into motion, but about y/n's reaction.

What if everyone has it all wrong? What if she sees me as a friend, and nothing more? Taka fretted, scrunching up his face in thought.
Well, only one way to find out I suppose.
Looking into his mirror and standing straight, he adjusted his uniform, grabbed his bag, and left the dorm.

•••

"Ah, hey y/n! Want a donut?" Aoi asked you as you entered the classroom, hardly anyone was there yet.
"Ah, sure!" You replied, picking a chocolate one out of the box on her desk.

Gosh, I can't believe school is over in 2 months! You thought as you ate the donut, excited for summer to come so you can hang out with your friends more.

You and Aoi chatted for a bit, mainly school gossip and small talk.

"A-ah! Y/n, you're here.. pretty early!" Taka said, and you noticed right away something was off.

"Hey Taka! Oh.. are you feeling alright? You look nervous about something." You walked up to him and leaned in close, inspecting his face. He seemed to get more nervous by the second.

"I am perfectly fine, I insist! Don't worry about me!" He waved his hands around and gave a small smile and sat down in his seat, which was next to yours. You followed suit.

Something is.. off about him today.  You thought, watching as his leg bounced up and down, instead of being almost glued to the ground like usual. Mondo and Chihiro walked in, and he didn't even react, seemingly in his own little world. You exchanged glances with the two, all of you equally confused.

"Hey, you good bro?" Mondo asked, and you watched as Taka jumped back into reality, jerking his head towards mondo.

"I'm perfect! Don't worry about me, seriously." He said, and mondo left him alone, still not convinced.

"Alright, whatever you say bro. I'm gonna talk to leon before class starts, see ya after class." And with that, Mondo walked to the back of the room, leaning on Leon's desk in conversation.

Something felt.. odd about this whole thing.

Mondo's POV

'Maybe you should talk to leon about this whole thing.'  The string of words replayed in my head. Aha! Maybe Leon told him to do something. I should ask and see if I can figure out why he is acting so weird.
Bidding a quick farewell, I headed to the back of the classroom, where leon has his head on his desk. Seriously, does this dude ever sleep?
I gave him a sharp jab in his side, and he sat up quickly, scowling at me.
"Ugh, what is it? I'm tryna get my beauty sleep." Leon groaned.

"It's about Taka." I growled.

As if someone had shocked him, he sat up quickly, running a hand through his hair.
"Ah, you should've opened with that idiot! I worked my magic on your "bro" the other day."

"Eh? The f*cks that supposed to mean?" I said, confused.

"Taka came to me, hopes peak's greatest romantic expert, on Friday. And I just.. gave him advice on what to do, that's all." Leon looked to the side smugly, but I wasn't satisfied.