Chapter 10

"Yeah...I remember the day where you came to training with shaved hair. Since then I noticed you more day by day. I recognized your strength, mental and physical. Although you often say stupid things you also know how to encourage someone. You always gave me confidence. But the moment I completely fell in love with you was during the match against Wakunan..."

"Really?"

"Yeah...I was about to break but you got me. You told me the right words. You reminded me to not give up and to trust you. I know you wouldn't let me down in this match, same counts for the others. I felt so strong with you by my side...and..."

"And?"

Ennoshita looks into Tanaka's eyes some tears running down his cheeks.

"With you it is easy to forget that I ran away. That I was afraid of our old coach. That I am a coward. I...I always feel save with you..."

He clenches his fists sobbing but smiling.

"But I was so afraid to tell myself that I like you. I thought it would be better if we stay friends and I never had a problem with this. I knew as long as you're by my side I can do anything. But now...now I'm relieved...I-"

He can't say one more word. Tanaka gently presses his lips against the shorter one forcing him to shut up.

"Don't cry Chika. It's okay. I could tell you the same."

"W-what?"

"You're the one who makes me stronger. I'm always impressed how you can handle the whole team. I never doubted you as our new captain next year and I never will. It's satisfying seeing you practising and developing. You are strong you just need to know it."

Ennoshita nods and wipes away his tears.

"Will you remind me if I forget it?"

"I will."

"Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Wanna be my boyfriend?"

"I was the one who asked you first but yes. Please."

Millionsof butterflies are in their stomachs as they kiss again. Both are happy. Lifecan be so easy. You just need the right person by your side.