Chapter 2

For some reasons, Tanaka's concentration is slowly waning. During training, he's absent with his thoughts almost all the time.

"Tanaka!"

He looks up confused as someone grabs his arm and pulls him aside. A volleyball fly past him.

"Gommen!", Asahi shouts.

"Ugh that was close. Thanks.", he smiles at Ennoshita.

"Concentrate and don't dream. You could get hurt."

He doesn't sound angry as usual, more worried. Tanaka only nods and grabs the ball for practising his serves. But it isn't his day. Nothing wants to work and he can't concentrate. He's relieved when the training finally ends.

"Have you asked Noya?"

Kinoshita's voice sounds far away.

"Yeah but he won't come. His cousin who lives in Tokyo arrived today and will stay for the weekend, so he wants to spend as much time as possible."

"Totally understandable."

Tanaka walks behind his three friends. Why is he so absent today? He can't remember one single day dream. Surprisingly they arrive at Ennoshita's house quickly. It's already 7p.m. and all of them are exhausted.

"We have no homework for tomorrow. No study please.", Narita begs.

"Don't worry we won't."

"Eh? Are you sick Enno?", Kinoshita asks worried.

"No, I'm not. Let's relax as long as you three can stay okay?"

Tanakais glad. No study, no need to concentrate. What a relieve. The friends choosethe living room for watching some old volleyball videos. Tanaka yawns. Howrelaxing...he could fall asleep immediately...he can hear his friends talking andlaughing...but they get quieter and quieter...he dozes off still hearing their voices.He loves it and wants to stay like this forever. The last thing he feels is theblanket someone covers him with.