He watched her exiting figure, a sad smile etched on his lips, wishing that he could lessen her pain. He deem himself the highest amongst the demons yet could not even help his daughter and ease her pain.

How can someone be so powerful yet helpless, all at the same time?

The cold breeze flew past her hair, windows rolled down just enough to let everything in. Her elbows were propped up just by the window as she drove with one hand, soft music playing in the background.

No more crying, she said. Even though she still had tears left to pour out, none wanted to come out, therefore, her bloodshot eyes stared straight ahead as she drove mindlessly toward the beach.

It wasn't the fact that Jasper had left, along with his family that she had considered already as hers as well. The uncertainty of whether or not she may be able to see him once again ate her inside and outside.

She didn't doubt their feelings for one another, of course, but time and fate are both tricky. No one will ever figure out what would be their plans for each one of them.

Would their love withstand time? Or would it fade along with it? She could only wish for the better.

Nevertheless, Rosalie and Alice kept in touch with her. They would often send her updates about Edward and a little about Jasper. Maybe they thought that mentioning the topaz-eyed man that she loved would cause her pain than the opposite. She didn't pry, thankful that somehow, someone from them still kept in touch with her.

Soon enough, the familiar salty sea breeze engulfed her nose as she parked her car nearby. She grabbed her phone and took out the car keys, making her way outside her car while pulling her shawl tighter around her. She felt her dress hug her body as the wind pulled it back with its force as soon as she got out, a small smile appearing at the familiar comfort.

Upon seeing her favorite spot, she took off her slippers and immediately sat down, placing her things beside her. She pulled up her legs and hugged her knees close to her chest while wrapping her shawl to the entirety of her body.

Her eyes followed the crashing waves absentmindedly as she let her mind wander off, the sound of crashing waves and the cawing of birds often filling the silence, making her feel less alone than usual.

Unbeknownst to her, three figures stood by the cliff, all staring at her with foreign looks in their eyes as they attempt to figure her out.

She seemed... broken. Small and fragile but, somehow, they can feel such power radiate from her. As if there's no such thing as her guard is down. Terrifyingly delicate if one would describe her appearance right now.

"Was that her? The one you've mentioned to us?" Jared shifted his eyes toward their alpha who seemed to be deep in thought, a hint of worry flickering for a second behind his eyes.

"What makes her so different, though? What is this pulling feeling? I'm sure as hell that I'm not imprinting," Paul said as if to cringe at the mere idea of it.

It's not that he doesn't like it but he wasn't really a believer of the whole imprint thing, hence, the reaction but he does respect the relationship Sam and his imprint has.

"I'm not sure," Sam sighed as he looked down. "I feel a similar way. It's as if the wolf in me would protect her in any way possible and do everything she may demand."

"Her bitch then?" Jared joked yet pursed his lips when Sam gave him a look.

Paul notices something different upon sniffing her scent. His eyes darkened as he slowly neared the edge. "She's a vampire, Sam," he lowly told him. "She is not supposed to be here," he continued, preparing to take off and bite her head.

However, before he could even make a further step, a tight hand gripped his forearm back. He snapped his towards their way and saw how Sam sternly looked at him.

"She's not like them," he gritted before letting him go.

"Besides, you won't stand a chance. Just look at her, she could practically snap you in half without exerting an effort."

He had left out the fact that she was a hybrid as he did not want to arouse panic. It's bad enough that there were vampires but with an unheard species coming their way? They could act irrationally, seeing as the fear of the unknown is still evident even in the current times.

Jared tilted his head upon noticing something. He elbowed the wolf beside him who gave him an annoyed look but he ignored it and nodded her way. 

"There's a tattoo on her arm? It looks like ours," he noted, his eyes trailing the black ink that ran from her shoulder down to her forearm.

The two followed his line of sight and noticed the different markings on her body. Sam pursed his lips in thought, a part of him refuses to think that the markings were a mere tattoo. It looked more than that.

More of a rune.

Their train of thought was interrupted by a sniffle followed by another. Paul's ears perked up at the sound of it and only then had noticed how red and puffy her eyes were—a sign of too much crying.

"She looks... sad?" Paul cocked his head to the side in curiosity as soon as those words left his mouth. He felt a pinch to his heart with every sniffle he heard; he wanted nothing but to run towards the girl and hug her.

The mere thought of it caused his eyes to widen before he quickly shook his head. "What the hell was that," he thought.

His eyes fixated on her as he saw how her eyes glistened under the moonlight. He doesn't know her nor wants to acknowledge her, seeing as he had just met the girl but he wished for her pain to be gone. To just quickly go away and strike another human being—not her.