Emily held up a black bodycon dress in front of her. "Do you have this in medium size? I don't think I can fit in such a small dress like this," she asked.

Madelline took the dress off of her hands before nodding. "Of course, let me just check. Please give me a second."

Emily smiled and nodded, watching how the girl turned her back and walked toward her fellow employee who immediately grinned at the sight of her. It was inevitable though. She couldn't help but notice how the young girl radiated warmth yet was somewhat of an enigma. She couldn't distinguish what was so different about her.

Because the moment she stared into her eyes, it resembled her fiancee's archnemesis. What makes it different was the specks of red in it. In addition to this, her appearance seemed so unreal. She could have been reading too much in it but Madelline wasn't a normal human being.

"Ms. Emily?" a voice took her out of her train of thought, causing her eyes to snap back to reality, and saw Madelline holding up the same dress but with a different size.

Emily's sparkled in glee as she took the dress from her which made Madelline smile at how excited she looked.  After double-checking whether she can help her furthermore and receiving a go-signal that she does not need further assistance, she went back behind the counter but not before bumping her hips with her newly found friend, Emeraude.

"That girl is really nice," Madelline acknowledged, nodding her head to where Emily was. Emeraude followed her line of sight and saw who she was pertaining to, a fond smile appearing on her lips in recognition.

"She's an angel," Emeraude noted as she stood right outside of the counter and in front of Madelline. "We need more customers like her, it's beyond our paycheck to accommodate rude customers," she huffed as she took a sip of the drink which Madelline just gave.

Madelline hummed in agreement as she started sorting out the sales again. Emeraude helped her around while taking a sip every now and then, too engrossed with the papers in front of them.

The door swung open once again. Emeraude and Madelline stood up straight to greet the customer properly until they saw who it was. Emeraude gritted her teeth at the sight of the newcomer, gripping her glass tightly, that Madelline can swear she would have cracked it if she had tightened her grip even more.

"Madelline," Bella breathed out upon seeing her friend standing behind the counter. She had been too preoccupied with her thoughts that she forgot to catch up with her friend, only now that she did realize that Madelline was working already.

"Welcome," Emeraude greeted in a monotonous tone, making Madelline stifle a chuckle. The latter lightly pinched her back before greeting Bella as well.

"What?!" she quietly exclaimed, her eyes trained on the girl who was still standing by the door. "Isn't she that bitch who snapped at you just because you wanted to help?" she harshly whispered before she looked at Bella from top to bottom and returned her gaze back to her friend.

Madelline softly chuckled and patted her shoulder. "You know, for someone whispering, anyone can hear you already with that volume," she commented. "Also," she whispered and leaned closer to her ear. "Your judgment is extremely evident that I can sense it from your back."