Retrospect (The Office)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"How's she doing?" Jim asked, covering his obvious grin by sipping his tea.

"So they're a she now, huh?" Pam grinned.

Jim shrugged, "Call it father's intuition."

"I didn't realize that was a thing," Pam countered, jokingly.

Jim shrugged and took a piece of toast from the plate, "Who knows?"

"I'd say probably the doctors."

Jim bit back a laugh, "Okay, that's a fair point."

Pam grinned triumphantly as she took a piece of toast herself, "They're doing fine, for the record." She added, "How do you think things are going in Scranton?"

"Chaotically knowing them."

Pam laughed, "True."

After a moment, Jim added, "It was really nice of Ryan to offer to cover both of our calls while we're away."

"I think he just wanted an opportunity to finally get back into sales since he was bumped down," Pam said, half-jokingly. Quickly adding, "He's a really good salesman once he's motivated to do something. I'd trust no one more to cover our calls while we're on our honeymoon."

Jim nodded, "Except Andy's covering my calls, because he really needs this and he's the only other salesman who'd take the job. What are the odds that I'm going to lose all of my clients by the end of the week?"

"Andy's not that bad and I'm sure Ryan would never let it get that far," Pam assured him. She then sighed, "Stanley and Phyllis still don't like me that much, do they?"

"Pam, it's really nothing," Jim said, now his turn to assure her . "They're still apprehensive about the Michael Scott Paper Company. It's all just Dwight-Schrute-fueled propaganda; they feel threatened by you because you're good ."

"You really think so?"

"I know so," Jim answered, gently cupping her cheek with his hand. "I know it, Michael knows it, and I'm sure that Ryan would testify to that too."

Pam smiled softly, putting her hand over Jim's and lightly kissing the side of it. "Thanks, Jim."

"Anytime, Beesly," Jim smiled. He then gestured out to the beach, "Hey, did you maybe want to go out for a walk on the beach?"

"I'd love to," Pam replied, unable to help the smile that tugged at her lips.

"Welcome back," Ryan greeted them, grinning as they walked into the office for the first time since the wedding. He pulled Pam in for a quick hug before he whispered to them both, "I'm going to head for the annex before Michael catches wind that you're back. Good luck with that."

Pam rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Ryan," she said sarcastically, quickly adding. "Hey, we'll see you at lunch?"

Ryan nodded with a grin, "Sure thing." He was about to take his leave when he turned around, "Man, it's good to have you both back."

When their lunch break rolled around, the newly wed Halperts found Ryan with his lunch at their usual table in the break room.

"No Kelly today?" Jim asked him as he sat down.

Ryan shook his head, "Nope, just us. She's eating lunch with Erin."

Jim nodded and opened up his own lunch. Pam reached into her pocket and pulled something out.

"Here," she said, passing the package over to Ryan. "They had this amazing coffee down in Puerto Rico and I knew that you had to try it."