"Good morning Mr. President, care to tell me why you decided to stroll the grounds without your security detail this morning?" I inquired as I stepped up to him and kept my gaze steadfastly on the ground at my feet. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I didn't trust myself not to look into those molten mercury orbs and not drag the man into my arms and kiss him senseless. I knew he was feeling the weight of his responsibilities and he was struggling to cope. I understood the restraints placed on him, the burden and stress that came with his position, but my job was to keep the man safe, protected, and out of harm's way, even from himself.

The lines between my professional responsibilities and my personal desires were beginning to blur, and damn if my feelings for this man didn't make my job a million times more difficult.

A heavy sigh was the only response I received from the man, so I swallowed the scolding that was burning like acid in the back of my throat and just kept my silence, hopefully giving him a moment of peace and myself, a minute to gather my thoughts and hope that somehow my presence offers him some semblance of support.

Several silent minutes pass before he turns to me and quietly states, "I want to go to my cabin for a few days. Not Camp David or the vineyard, or anywhere else associated with this office. I don't want a major production, and I don't want everyone in God and creation advised of my intent. I just want a few days of total peace to regroup and regain my bearings, and I especially don't want a whole squadron of agents shadowing my every move while I'm there either. Make it happen. I want to leave no later than tonight after I talk to my girls."

Even though my mind was immediately racing through the logistics of his request. I could only open my mouth to answer. "Yes, Mr. President." The tone of his voice had left no room what-so-ever for me to argue the organizational nightmare of fulfilling his request on such short notice.

"Good. Please escort me back to my room." He turned back towards the house and I stepped aside to let him pass. As he stepped by me, he whispered a quiet, "Thank you." before continue on his way.

Dutifully, I followed behind him and tried my best not to ogle his delectable ass that was so promptly outlined in his fitted sweats. I should be worried about how I was going to grant him his wish of going to his private cabin located just outside of the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee instead of lusting after him, but I can't seem to help myself. I can feel the headache that started when I was so rudely awakened earlier this morning intensify with every step I took. This turn of events only increased the painful throbbing behind my eyes. An unplanned trip was a security disaster in the making.

Jaxon's cabin was nestled in the middle of nowhere surrounded by over 200 acres of dense forest. The people of the local township closest to his property were all aware of who the 2600 square foot cabin and the immediate land around it belonged to. The cabin originally belonged to Jaxon's parents and his grandparents before them. He recently added the additional property to further add to the privacy and seclusion of the heavily remodeled cabin.

We made it back to his room without incident. I was never more grateful for small favors. Sometimes the White House was like a gossip mill. The place was worse than a small community where everyone knew everyone else's business. Word spread through these halls faster than the speed of light. You never knew who was listening or who was watching. I totally understood the lack of privacy and the frustration Jaxon is burdened with every minute of his life as the most powerful man in this country.

"Please close the door and have a seat, I just need a moment of your time." Jaxon requested and the took the cap off his head and raked his fingers through his disheveled hair. On any given day, this man was so well put together. He always looked like he just stepped right off the pages of GQ magazine, and he never failed to take my breath away. But seeing him like this, a little rumpled, with the shadow of stubble on his unshaven, chiseled jaw made me just want to make lick him and savor every inch of his delicious body.